Monday, November 29, 2010
Jack Starnes
Remember Jack the cat from a few posts ago?? Well, Jack is now officially Jack Griswold (yes, we gave him a middle name) STARNES. Yes, we are now officially weird cat people.
Jack kept coming over to our house. Jack was starving. Jack was freezing. Nate and I are softies so we let him in, fed him and kept him inside from the -12 degree temps. Foolish? Probably. But really, we felt we had no other choice. I don't really like animals but I won't sit back and watch one freeze to death.
Last night we talked it over with the neighbors. They said they didn't want Jack anymore. They have two other pets that didn't get a long with Jack and so he needed to be an outside cat. Well, Jack is declawed and has his man parts removed so obviously he isn't holding up too well as an "outdoor cat." He has come over to our house multiple times with scratches and cuts from other animals.
The neighbors said that Jack would probably die from exposure or they were going to take him to the pound. Well, with 3 little boys who ADORE this feline, what were we to do?
So, I guess we have a cat now.
I'm having a deja vu moment here:
"I'll NEVER get married at 19."
"We'll NEVER live in Eastern Idaho."
"I'll NEVER shoot a gun."
"I'll NEVER drive a mini-van."
"We'll NEVER have a cat."
Sometimes I think the big man upstairs has a major sense of humor. ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
If anything, this year has certainly taught us "NEVER" doesn't really mean never! Nathan
WHAT!!!!!!!!! I love you! I'd want to save the cat too. It really is quite a cute one. Tom's mad cause he has such horrid allergies, but if he can handle my Bro's big huge fluffy cat I think he'll be fine.
I'm horribly allergic too...but for SOME reason, not with Jack. Strange I know.
:) This post just makes me smile! You have such a big heart-especially when it comes to your boys!
I have learned that a lot of nevers to me have happened. I truly think the man upstairs does have a sense of humor. I guess I better watch what nevers I say.
Post a Comment