Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. I totally forgot about it until a few hours before they were coming so I threw some things together and hopefully fooled them into thinking I was 100% PREPARED!
We had some apricot chicken, rice, green salad, rolls, jello and OF COURSE......eclairs.
I've had quite a few people ask me for the eclair recipe over the years so I thought I would just put it up here on the ol' blog. I am not a great cook, and I don't claim to be....but I fool people into thinking I am when I bring these over to a neighbor or friend!
This recipe is actually my mom's best friend's recipe. Her name is Ann and her daughter Ashley just so happens to be MY best friend!
So....here it is!
YUMMY ECLAIRS
Bring one cup water to a boil in saucepan. Add a cube of blue bonnet margarine. Wait until melted and take off of heat. Add 1 cup flour; mix until it becomes a sticky ball. Add 4 eggs one at a time and mix each egg for 30 seconds before adding another. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a dark pan with shortening. Shape dough into 2 inch ovals. Cook for about 20 minute. Check them. If hard on top then take them out. If soft...cook for 3-5 more minutes.
Filling:
1 box instant vanilla jello pudding
1 tub cool whip
Make pudding as directed on package. Wait until set and then add 1/3 tub of cool whip. Mix together and chill for a few minutes. After shells are done cooking, wait until cooled before cutting tops off and filling with cream. Spread your favorite chocolate frosting on top. (I like Betty Crocker Chocolate WHIPPED frosting!) Add sprinkles (accordingly for each season..hehe) and ENJOY!
4 comments:
I made these last night too! They are so yummy!!!
BLESS YOU STACI STARNES!!!!
Glad everyone can go to my outdated blog!!! Thanks! j/k My mom gets mad at me because you make eclairs & I don't. It's not that I don't know how, I would just eat them all before anyone got to enjoy them! I'm glad that you can carry on her legacy!
p.s. that platter is way cute! I have one too!!! I'm glad you use it!
Post a Comment