Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving.....and blowing up our TV.

Thanksgiving was a great success! We actually ended up having James and Sierra join us which we were thrilled about. We moved the table into the family room so we had some more room for our turkey feast.




That night Sierra, Kelsey and I went and did all of our black Friday shopping! As always it was a HUGE hit and we got everything (except for my waffle maker) that we wanted! Good deals, good laughs....SO worth the lack of sleep! Not too much drama this year which was also a plus. ☺

Friday we went up to the foothills of Idaho Falls and Logan taught us how to shoot guns. I can't believe I actually did it and actually enjoyed it! I did cry when first handed the gun. Guns seriously scare me to death.The boys are still talking about how AWESOME it was to shoot a gun. Honestly...what is going on here? The Starnes family is morphing into a bunch of eastern Idahoans??? WHaaaaat?

Here is the video of us shooting the TV (fire and fuel added) that has been apart of our marriage since the beginning. After 9 and a half years it finally decided to die the day before Thanksgiving so we took it up to the mountains and used it as target practice: We really ARE great examples to our kids......uhhhhhh, maybe not. Watch this video...it really is pretty sweet. And yes...that is MY husband doing the little jig at the end!











Awesome weekend....until BYU and BSU killed it for us.

4 comments:

Lee Starnes said...

Looks like a great time. Nate looks nice and warm in the coat.

Unknown said...

BAHAHAHA! Mrs. Starnes I do believe I see some red on your neck!!!

Starnes fam said...

Yep...what can I say? If you can't beat em...join em? I think I need a trip back to Boise before I start shooting elk or something. Sheesh!

The McEwans said...

Your Thanksgiving table looked gorgeous! I can't believe your brother is married! I remember you talking about him and he was like 12! Time flies! Your boys look so adorable in their red sweaters!!!