Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sorry about your watch dad........

Today I heard some crying from upstairs. I told Landon to come downstairs and tell me what was wrong."You're gonna be mad mama," is what I heard through some sobs. Then I turn around and see Landon SLIDING on his stomach down the stairs. "I think I got something stuck on my feet," he cried.
This is what I see:

Somehow....Landon slipped Nate's watch over his feet and onto his ankles. Sigh. "It was Parker's idea." Yeah, I bet it was. Seriously.....sometimes my kids are just idiots.

I tried slipping it off....but it wasn't budging at all plus it was hurting him. I got out my scissors and tried to cut it off. Then I tried some pliers and tried to break the thing off.
Even THAT didn't work. As Landon started crying harder and harder...I started getting a little frantic. What do I do....call 911? I can only imagine it now, "Ummmm......yeah, this isn't really a life or death emergency but my foolish child got a stainless steel watch STUCK around his ankles."

THEN....it came to me. I ran to bathroom and came back with...........
Dallin and Parker were both like, "What IS that stuff Mom?"

"It is LOTION kids.....a special lotion...that's all."

I rubbed it all over his feet and luckily both of his feet slipped right out.

KY Jelly to the rescue. ☺

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh that's a good one. Nice thinking. Too funny!

Jen said...

Hilarious! I'm glad you got pictures and documented this. You are such a thinker, this reminded me of when Nate had a bug in his ear...

Kelsey J. said...

baaahahahaha so classy :)

Nikki said...

hee hee hee hee hee hee!

Unknown said...

Oh my! Love that you blogged this!

Whitaker Family said...

Stacey Have I ever told you how much I love you!!! Whenever I need a good laugh, I just look at your blog. You make me smile, and laugh out loud. I love all of your posts. It is so funny because Carson was Darth Vader and Cade was the storm trooper. Just like the costumes you had. I love it. I love the KY and pretty much everything else that you blogged about. I hope that we get to see you all for the holidays. You are the best, and it would be great to hang.

The Pitcher Family said...

Well your special lotion can hang out with our weird balloons! Love those funny boys.

jayna said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning!