Sunday, January 13, 2013

Busy.

For about a half a second last Sunday a crazy thought came into my mind. "I'd love to go back to school and take a class or two." I actually got online and started looking at the classes and programs offered at BYUI.

I did graduate from BYU Provo 9 years ago. (Whoa...that sounds like a REALLY long time ago!) Back then I wanted to be a teacher. I took all of my classes to teach preschool through 3rd grade. I taught at the BYU preschool and enjoyed my experience there. The funny thing is that if I was to ever go back to school I would want NOTHING to do with teaching. Perhaps this is because my life has been immersed with everything CHILDREN for so long. What on earth am I thinking though? I don't have TIME or the ENERGY for this at all!! I think it was the excitement in the air of classes starting again after the holiday season. I have a friend who is going back to school and talking to her made me miss the interaction with adults, the stretching of my mind and the feeling of accomplishment. Even if it was just a class online..it would be something that is just for ME. I'll go back one day. Today though, it not the time. After exploring the idea of college again I was happy to remind myself that I don't have to go back, I don't need to go back but I will go when I want to go. I'm so grateful that it is a choice and one that I don't have to make right now.

My mommy job is a full time job and then some. I'm dedicated to it and I want to do the best job I can right now for them. I know that they will not be little forever and so I want to give it 100%. I don't want to regret the moments I have with them while they are in my care and under my roof.

So...onto documenting just a little of the craziness of life here and now.

Miss Anna is 6 months old!! Half a year already! It is literally BLOWING by and it makes me so happy yet it hurts my heart at the same time. At the Dr. office yesterday she is weighing in at 14.2 pounds and is 25 inches long! She is SUPER healthy. She is now rolling back to front and front to back. She started eating some sweet potatoes and bananas too! She LOVES real food. It is SO hilarious how excited she gets when she sees some food coming her way! She squeals and shrieks....I just love her.

For some reason she was really into the open mouth look today:

 
 
 
Here are a picture her first time eating rice cereal. She wasn't sure what to think about it:
 
And then here she is eating bananas with her big brother dressed as a banana eating a banana. You follow? The Anna banana was LOVING the bananas!
Which leads me to the smallest of the big brothers. Landon has been LOVING kindergarten this year. He counts down the minutes until he can go every day. At home he is my buddy though every morning. He helps me clean the house and take care of sissy. I am going to MISS him next year!
Here he is the other day when I dropped him off. I love how he had his little orange bear (aka "pet") in tow. It's just so sweet and innocent. Another funny story: I told him he should wear a collared shirt the other day. Landon has always DETESTED the collared shirt. 3 hours for church is the max he will wear one. I told him that he will look really cute and maybe AMY will notice. (Amy being the little girl in his class that he is crazy about!) When I picked him up from school that day he jumped in the car and exclaimed, "MOM, You were RIGHT! Amy said I looked REALLY CUTE today!"
Now he has been a little more open to wearing collared shirts to school. Funny kid.
 
My Parker boy is just SO busy. Now that he is 8 he started going to scouts!
 
 
 Basketball consumes this boy's life. He is now signed up in 2 leagues and playing 3rd and 4th graders! It is SO much fun to watch him and his team. They practice 2 times a week for 1.5 hours each time and they are so good now that they are beating these 3rd and 4th graders who are a whole head taller than they are! It's pretty much awesome!
Last week both Nate and Coach Kenny were out of town so some "guest coaches" came to teach the kids. They were both college basketball players and even played professionally overseas! The boys absolutely LOVED it!
When he isn't on the court he is busy working hard in school. He worked so hard on his rock project and got a 15 our of 15 on it!
He also lost his very first tooth this week. It's about time! Something is a little wrong with losing your first tooth when you are pretty much old enough to know that the tooth fairy isn't real!
 
Not much new in the Dallin news. He starts soccer next week and continues to love school. He said something really funny tonight when we were driving home though.
"Mom, I really want to stop at that store called Optical Illusions. You know I just love learning about illusions!" Too bad optical illusions is an Eye Doctor place. Love that guy.
 
Winter is here in full force. We've been in the negatives with tons of snow. It makes me laugh that in Boise school was closed and we deal with such harsh conditions yet we are expected to be in school unless the temps get to -20! CrAzY!
 
 
We're counting down the days until we get to get out of here and head to Disney Land! I made a pretty adorable countdown to help remind us that warmer days are coming soon!
 
 







 

Thought I'd throw in a few extras of baby and me from the iphone. She is sure getting big and just LOVES to be held and snuggled all day. I am happy to oblige. ☺
 
It's been 6 months and I'm finally getting back to working out. It feels so painful and so good at the same time. It's nice to have some me time and its time that I fit back into some of my clothes again. It is also really fun to go with friends.
 
Lastly, we finally finished picking out all of our colors, cabinets, floors, counters, fixtures......for our new house! Now I am getting REALLY excited about it. I would lay awake at night and toss and turn about what I wanted this house to look like. I want to be happy with the choices for a long time and I want everything to come together and look really nice. Our kitchen will have vanilla cabinets with a black island. Oh man....I hope it looks as good as it does in my mind!  It is fun and stressful at the same time! The foundation people still have yet to even dig the hole due to some setbacks digging out a lot up in Rexburg where they hit some lava rock. The cold temps aren't helping with that either.
HOPEFULLY this week or next. We're still on track for being able to move in on June 1st though. It can't come soon enough....especially now that our landlords have filed for bankruptcy. Yep.....we don't know what is going to happen with us...it we can stay or if we have to move. All I know is I sure don't want to move twice. So aggravating.
 
Anyway.....I'm so busy I hardly have the time to blog. No, no college for now. It makes me laugh that I even toyed with the idea for the 15 minutes that I did!

No comments: