Every year I like to do a little recap of the year. I give you 2012:
We started off the year with a winter family vacation over to Jackson Hole.
We found out a little GIRL would be joining our family. One of the happiest days of my life.
I took the boys and EE down to St. George for Spring Break. We ventured over to Zions and down to Las Vegas.
I was thrown 3 wonderful showers by my Idaho Falls friends, Boise friends and family.
We checked out Island Park for the first time ever.
Lots of baseball games. Lots of soccer games. TONS of basketball games.
My sweet Anna was born the day before the 4th of July. I watched the fireworks from my hospital room and held my tiny perfect daughter. Pure joy.
My brother left on his mission to serve the people in Denver Colorado.
We spent many warm summer days over at Rigby Lake. It was one of the only places I felt I could handle going with 4 kids in tow.
EE and I took an adventure down to Chesterfield Ghost Town. We spent the rest of the day swimming at Lava Hot Springs.
We went on a family vacation over to Yellowstone.
Dallin got his braces off.
Nate finished Lotoja again with a team this year....and they made the podium!
We decided to start the process of building a house here in Ammon!
Anna was blessed.
We went to Mesa Falls and Craters of the Moon with the Perry Family.
Nate, Anna and I took a little trip over to Sun Valley. I had never been before but LOVED it!
We enjoyed a Starnes reunion down at the cabin and had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's house with bounce houses, games and BBQs.
We spent Christmas Eve at home.
We enjoyed Thanksgiving in Boise and the days after Christmas in Utah making great memories.
This year was one of the best I can recall. The addition of Anna to our family has been everything I dreamed of and more. She is happy, easy, and such a little beauty. She slowed us down a little but in a good way. I didn't mind staying closer to home....I knew that these moments with my tiny baby wouldn't last long and so I have made a very vigilant effort to try and savor each moment and each day with her. The boys continue to grow. I was straightening up the shoes by the door tonight and couldn't help but stop and look at how BIG some of these shoes are getting. These shoes can't belong to my little boys can they?
Years keep flying by and we continue to enjoy the ride. I am excited for the adventures and big changes that await us in 2013!
Happy New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment