Monday, March 5, 2012

Growing boys

It's Sunday night and I'm feeling grateful. The weather was just BEAUTIFUL today...a tiny taste of spring and now I have officially caught SPRING FEVER. Church was good, we had a delicious roast and potato dinner when we got home and some cake for dessert. YUM.

We heard some great news on Saturday morning.....our newest nephew and cousin was born. Nate's sister Kelsey had their baby boy and we are so thrilled for she and Logan. His name is Kyelan Reed Jones. He has been having some difficulties and has been transferred over to Primary Children's. He has had some lung difficulty and he continues to be in our thoughts and prayers. We're excited Kye is here. This will be baby girl Starnes closest cousin in age. They are going to be best buds, I just know it. I can't wait to see him and hold him soon.
Family is absolutely everything and we're blessed that the Starnes clan continues to grow.

I feel like my own boys have been growing in leaps and bounds lately. Landon has been cracking me up with all of his questions lately. "Why does the baby kick you mama....is she mad at you?" "Does that big man have a baby in his tummy? His baby is probably bigger than your baby huh mom?" (YIKES) Love those totally awkward moments while standing in line at the store. Ugh. Landon is my buddy. He loves to stay home and be in his pjs as long as possible every day. I sure love my littlest guy.
 Parker had a very strange experience this weekend. He was invited to his friend's birthday party over at Leo's Place on Saturday night. First off, this was the invite he received for the party:

Over the Hill? Really? At 7 years old? The party was from 7-9pm which seemed a tad on the LATE side in my opinion. Oh, and the birthday boy didn't even show up until 8pm. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around that one..........hmm. Very weird.
Parker also wrote a pretty funny letter in church today. I had to scan it and keep it since it made me laugh. This kid seriously hates school. It is a fight every day to get him to go. Having pink eye was heaven on earth for him because he got to stay home for so many days last week. Here is his note:

Mr. Dallin is getting taller by the minute. I cannot believe how FAST his teeth have all come together with his new braces on. I'm SO glad we decided to fork out the money and get going with his teeth. He feels so much better about it and all the kids in his class think that having braces is totally "wicked." Wicked meaning....awesome. Dallin would LIVE at school if he could. He absolutely loves to go. How on earth did we get such POLAR opposite children? It boggles my mind.

1 comment:

Joe and Amy said...

You had me laughing out loud with that birthday story.

I am always amazed at how different my girls can be. It's comical to go to one parent teacher conference to have the teacher say that #1 is so obedient, good and quiet that it's scary and then for #2's teacher to say that she doesn't stop talking the entire day and that she has a mind of her own. I feel like saying to both of them, "you're telling ME?!"

Cute boys!