The boys didn't have school on Friday and when I heard the weather was going to be in the 60's down in Utah, the boys and I jumped in the car. I was feeling the major itch to get out of Idaho Falls. We had such a great time spending time with everyone. Friday we took the boys skiing up at Canyons. Since Grandma LeeLee is a ski instructor and so is Aunt Ashley, I knew the boys would be in GREAT hands. They had such a fun time. Dallin even CRIED when it was time to leave becuase he was having such a fun time. They went on the big chair lift multiple times and made huge strides of improvement. PLUS, it was 53 degrees on the mountain, clear and sunny, AND they were with their cousins. Can't beat that!
Saturday was just gorgeous. We went to the Zoo (and so did EVERYONE else in the world.) It was so much fun. We had kids galore with us. My boys were there with ALL of their cousins (except for baby Kye). That would be all cousins on BOTH sides of the family. My sister and brother were down in Utah as well so we met up with them. It was crazy but so great.
My newest nephew is still in the hospital. He was transfered up to Primary Children's Hospital and has been there for what seems like an eternity. Poor little guys has had such a rough start. It started with lung problems and then switched over to colon issues and now he has problems with his kidneys. Kelsey and Logan have been amazing. They have had to dig deeper then they ever thought possible. No one expects these trials....especially these unexpected health issues with your firstborn child. We continue to fast and pray for him and hope that he will get to go home soon. He is so cute with all of his dark hair and big lucious lips. I'm so happy that I was able to go and hold him and love him for a little while. My heart just breaks that he has had such a difficult start. He is tough though, and I pray we will get a resolution to these problems soon.
Baby girl Starnes was kicking Kye the entire time I was holding him. It was like she was telling him that she was close and that he needed to get better and out of the hospital so they could play once she gets here.
It's so easy to take the everyday for granted. To have a healthy baby, a healthy body. Life is so precious and family is everything. I'm so blessed to have married into such a strong and close knit family. I love them so much and cherish the time that we have to spend together and the opportunity we have to gain strengh from each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment