One more week......one more week......one more week. We just have to get through the next few days before we can hit the road and go find the sunshine and warmer temps in St. George for Spring Break. Today is the official last day of winter and it sure has felt like it today. It has been off and on snowing and windy as all get out.
The boys didn't have school today (teacher inservice) so we decided to go somewhere new. Well, that and the fact that I deep cleaned the house for the first time in a LONG time last night and didn't want to spend the day watching all my hard work fall to pieces under cushion forts and race car tracks.
I get a little frustrated here as there just aren't very many things to do in the winter. The zoo is closed, there is no Discovery Center or children's museum. The Idaho Falls Museum is really cool but it costs us $30 every time we go there. There are only so many movies to see and fast food places to play. We have to get creative and branch out which is what we did today.
We drove up to good ol' Rexburg and went to the Teton Dam Flood Museum. $3.50 for all 4 of us. Much better pricing in my cheapskate opinion.
The boys loved doing the scavenger hunt for various items.
They even sat through a 30 minute film about the flood which was made 35 years ago. I was impressed it kept their attention. The flood really was a horrific event that literally wiped out many communities. I can only imagine how scary it would have been to have 5-10 feet of water coming at you at 60 mph. It was really neat however, to see how the community came together and the church jumped into action to help out those who had lost everything.
On the way home we had a picnic in the car and stopped at Maverick for some yogurt cones. I just love doing random things like this with my boys. Even though they throw fits at times because they just want to stay home, they always tell me how much fun they have and end up THANKING me once we get back. It's always nice to get away and spend time together with no tv, i phone, computer, etc.
I worry a lot about being slowed down once the baby gets here. Being on the go makes me happy. It is what keeps me sane when I feel overwhelmed. I'm sure we'll adjust in time but I do worry about it a lot. I'm so looking forward to spending time together down in St. George with EE even though Nate can't come. One more crazy busy week to plow through!
In other FANTASTIC news....baby Kye was able to go home from the hospital today. He has a long road ahead as we have found out that he has chronic kidney failure and will need a transplant in the future. It looks like he will continue to need a catheter and a feeding tube for the time being but I'm just so glad he gets to be home in his darling nursery with his exhausted parents. Traveling back and forth from the hospital has been so hard on them. We sure love them and are so grateful that things are looking a little bit better.
1 comment:
So relieved he is home now. The slow down phase won't last long at all for you. Shell be a great little sleeper in her carseat. Plus the weather will be so nice and it won't be the sickness season so you can take her places. It will be great! I am excited!
Post a Comment