Alright, I FINALLY decided that today I would EMBRACE the fact that fall is really here. I've been in denial about it for some time.....maybe because it has still been been so hot here (in the 80's and 90's) the past few days. I usually LOVE the fall but for some reason I've just been having a tough time letting go of summer this year. Last winter lasted WAY too long so I was determined to make the most of each and every summer day. I only remember ONE single day during the whole summer where we just stayed at home and did absolutely nothing.
We definitely had a great summer. My favorite memories are: going to St. George on the girls only trip, Lake Powell, Redfish Lake, days at Roaring Springs, boating, staying up late with friends, 4th of July, birthday parties, Twin Falls temple open house, girls trip to Boise, family coming to visit, SURPRISE birthdays, lunch at the park, free movies, and going to the cabin with the Dallings. No wonder it's hard to let go of summer!
My mom took the boys for me today (thank heavens for Grandmas) so I decided that I would get into "the spirit of fall" a little bit while they are gone and pull out some of the fall decor. I also ran over to Real Deals and got a couple of new things. I LOVE that place!
We definitely had a great summer. My favorite memories are: going to St. George on the girls only trip, Lake Powell, Redfish Lake, days at Roaring Springs, boating, staying up late with friends, 4th of July, birthday parties, Twin Falls temple open house, girls trip to Boise, family coming to visit, SURPRISE birthdays, lunch at the park, free movies, and going to the cabin with the Dallings. No wonder it's hard to let go of summer!
My mom took the boys for me today (thank heavens for Grandmas) so I decided that I would get into "the spirit of fall" a little bit while they are gone and pull out some of the fall decor. I also ran over to Real Deals and got a couple of new things. I LOVE that place!
First off, here are my new metal pumpkins: ($16 for both of them...can't beat that!)
Here's my new wreath for the front door:
Here is the $6 garland that I put on top of the entertainment center:
So long summer....until next year! I guess there's only one thing left to say (Ty Pennington style) Welcome Fall.....Welcome.
9 comments:
Cute pumpkins...thanks for calling me! I really want to go check out that place. I'm glad you finally decided to embrace fall. I still haven't yet!
Totally cute! Your on the ball. . . .not me I doubt I'll get my decorations out this year we're just to busy.
Very cute decorations! I feel the same way this fall. I have been in denial about the end of summer, but got out the Halloween decor. a couple of days ago. Have a great fall.
Very cute! I never decorate for fall, I always go right into the Halloween decorations, but the fall ones are so cute and they can last longer than the month of October. I love the Pumpkins! Where is the store you bought them from? I have never heard of it. Good job on decorating lady!
I'm with you on the whole fall thing. I could NOT let go of summer this year. Your decorations are adorable. I've always loved your style.
I love your decorating style! I'm with you about not wanting to let go of summer, even though I love fall. I agree that it's because last winter was WAY too long.
I've always loved your knack for decorating and creativity.
Everything looks great!
I love fall and I've heard lately from a few people that fall in Boise is wonderful!
i want your wreath!
LOVE all the fall decor. I am no where near decorating for fall (and the weather in Vegas isn't exactly fall-ish) so I am still in denial.
The metal pumpkins are so cute!
Post a Comment