Today was one of those days where I ask myself........WHY do I even try???? Neither one of the boys had school today so they decided to cash in their "Starnes bucks" and head on over to Chuck E Cheese. I was excited...lunch and entertainment for $20 plus they can run and wear themselves out so we can have a nice quiet afternoon while Landon naps.
I'm not sure what is going on with Parker lately. Its like he is regressing back to the terrible 2's. We totaled up all of our tickets after playing for about an hour and went over to pick out a few prizes. Parker picked 3 things, Dallin picked 3 things, Jadah (the little girl I watch a couple of days a week) picked 3 things and then I got a tootsie pop for Landon. Parker was FURIOUS that I gave a treat to Landon. He then proceeds to start CRYING, SCREAMING, and KICKING. He was absolutely inconsolable and out of control. THEN, he goes over to our table and throws the high chair over....luckily Landon wasn't sitting in it anymore. That was the last straw....I picked him up by the arm dragged him out to the car. I am not kidding when I say EVERY single person in the place was starring at us. I looked like a Walmart mom....only about 20 times worse.
Here is a clip of Parker at the tail end of the tantrum...which means its not even bad at all. O yeah..and Landon is crying in the background as well. Not the afternoon I had in mind! It is so ironic to me that we went out to do something as a REWARD for good behavior and then THIS happens! Grrrr! It's a good thing he cashed in his "Starnes bucks" today, because he would have lost them all anyway!
6 comments:
I was laughing so hard at this. It looks like typical car ride for our family as well...I love Dallin's face the best!
I'm TOTALLY laughing at Dallin's expressions during the whole clip...
oh stac, kids are a blessing, right?! lol. wish we could have made it.
hah ha, i love it, good idea to do something like the starns bucks, i will have to try that one but i totally am the "walmart mom" this week, i hate being that mom. funniest kid video i have ever seen on a blog, thanks for the laugh.
Do I get Starnes bucks for good behavior?
I had the same day at church yesterday! I think there must be something in the air and children are acting younger than they should. Hang in there, Parker is such a great kid, I'm sure this is just a phase. I love the Wal-Mart mom comment, I have seen those women so many times and you are not one of them!
Post a Comment