Last night was AWESOME! Elder Rock returned from serving the people in the Mexico City, Mexico mission. He looks GREAT and we are so happy to have him home!I've never been to the airport to pick up a missionary (since he is the first in our family to serve) and it was such a joyous and emotional experience. We were all bawling as soon as we saw him come through the security gate. Mom had been an absolute ball of nerves ALL DAY long. Right before we left to go to the airport she was cleaning the outside of all of the windows in the house with a floor mop with CURLERS in her hair. It was hilarious.
Anyway, you could tell he was overwhelmed and had a hard time thinking of some of the words he was trying to say. Luckily Nate was there to help him do a little translating once and awhile. His suit jacket was shredded and his shoes were VERY worn but he is so HAPPY and I am so grateful for the example that he has set for my boys.
When he walked into the house he couldn't stop the tears from falling. He kept saying, "We are so blessed you have NO idea." He then proceeded to go into the family room and lay on the carpet. We enjoyed a huge feast and spent the rest of the evening looking at all of his pictures and hearing about all of the sicknesses and injuries that you only hear about AFTER the missionary returns home safely! 

Here he is checking out the new boat! He was definitely surprised!!! Welcome home James!!!!!
7 comments:
I got teary eyed just thinking about your reunion!
How neat! I love those kinds of reunions.
:) yeah! So was he weird? My brothers were definately weird when they came home...it took a few weeks to shake off the missionary!
Congrats! It is so cool to watch them come home and see how weird they act. Nate was the same way!!
Nathan did the exact same thing when he got home...laid on the carpet and just sank into it as far as he could! Looks like a happy time for all.
What a happy day! I remember fondly each day my 3 brothers returned home.
I had a great laugh picturing your mom washing the windows....as if he would have noticed had she not done them. We women are funny aren't we?
I'm so happy your family had such a great reunion! James looks great! I'm going to call you someday soon to chat! Emmalee is keeping me busy! Tell James & the fam hola for us!
Post a Comment