9:30pm: Husband gets a phone call from work and is told he has to go in and do some last minute things for a trial he is working on.
9:45pm: I get a call from Nate saying he just hit a dog. The dog was wandering in the middle of the road walking toward the car. He can't stop because he HAS to get into the office ASAP. He's a little shaken up but I try to calm him down.
9:55pm: I am still on the phone with Nate while he is driving over to the office and someone almost runs him off the road because they don't see him in their blind spot.
12:05am:Nate is driving home on the connector and comes upon the scene of a deadly car accident that had just taken place about 1 minute before he got there. He is the 3rd person on the scene. A 43 year old woman was driving on the WRONG side of the freeway and was drunk. Nate sees another woman who was side swiped wandering around with blood all over the place. Luckily a doctor or nurse was the 2nd person on the scene and helped her. She should make a full recovery. The woman who caused the accident ended up passing away 2 hours later. Luckily the other man in the accident is supposed to be okay. Crazy stuff.
1:15am: Nate comes home...apparently tries to talk to me but all I say is, "O...ok honey." He ends up not sleeping because of the scenes flashing through his mind.
6:30am: He's off to trial.
Now is home early from work taking a looooong nap. What a scary and crazy night he had. I am SO thankful that he wasn't the one involved in that horrific accident. I am counting my blessings today for sure.
6 comments:
We heard about that accident- people are so crazy, and it's sad they pay for it. Glad everything turned out alright...the dog though?
That's terrible! I also heard about that accident too, so sad. I am glad Nate was not involved. I hope he feels better soon.
I'm assuming dog probably didn't pull through....he was going about 35 when he hit it. I'm just telling myself he's in a happier place with lots of little doggy friends! (yikes...hope no one I know is missing a dog)
Wow that is a bad night. I'm so glad that Nate wasn't involved in that crazy accidant. Very sad to witness something like that.
When I saw the picture of your prego sis I thought it was you at first and I thought you were about to have #4.
so crazy! good post! =)
I'm so sorry for Nate, wow. That's just crazy. Worse to have to go to work after a night like that...I always feel bad when Scott's gotten up with the kids to help ME and then had to go to work tired...I can't imagine having to go to TRIAL after a night like that.
Post a Comment