Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Dallin!

It's hard to believe that my Dal Dal is 6 already! 6 years since I became a mom for the first time...its just crazy to me. I mean, I actually REMEMBER things from when I was 6...and now my own son is that age?
Dallin wanted a SPORTS themed party this year. All the kids wore a sports uniforms..including myself. I was rocking the Argentine soccer jersey thanks to my South American missionary husband. I love throwing parties for my kids. It's always so much work but I love the challenge of trying to come up with things to do that don't cost ton of money but will still be memorable for them.
The agenda of the party was: (hey...my blog is my journal right?? I need to write this stuff down so I can look back and remember that I TRIED to be a pretty good mom)

1. Decorate sports door hangers with stickers and markers.
2. Play sports memory
3. Play musical chairs with Jock Jams music.
4. Stick the soccer player on the soccer ball
5. Cake and ice cream/presents
6. play kickball at the park

As you can see....Landon was really liking his baseball cupcake. Nate was a wonderful help. He was in charge of the memory game.



I can't imagine my life without my sweet Dallin. He is so sweet, sensitive and thoughtful. He is a little gentleman in every sense of the word. Every morning I wake up to his smiling face with a "Good morning Momma....how was your sleep?" He is very obedient and a wonderful big brother. He is a joy and I love him so much.

Dallin's favorites at 6:

favorite toys-rescue heros, spygear
favorite movies- Kung Fu Panda, Nemo, Incredibles favorite games-Memory, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Popping Frogs, I Spy favorite foods- tacos, french bread, pizza, hot dogs
favorite books- ANY book. He loves the We Both Read books.....level 2-3. Mom or Dad reads one page and then the child reads the next page.
joys- playing with friends, working on his zillions of work books, playing computer, riding his bike, going to school, swimming, playing sports, going golfing with dad.

6 comments:

Jami said...

Happy Birthday Dallin, we had a great time at your party!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Dallin!

Staci- Seriously what's this tried to be a good mom thing...um last time I checked you seriously deserve the Mom of the year award.

The Reading Armadillo said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! That looks like such a fun party Staci. You are so creative!

Robby said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! I love you!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

You did a great job! This is me next month. I have "my Dallin's" party to do in October. Then I have Preston's party in Nov. and Alise's in Jan.
YOu look Great in the jersy by the way!

tatum said...

you did an awesome job on the cake, and what a sweet post, makes me want to go back and remember cole's birthday to write something sweet. =)