Monday, August 4, 2008

Marcy's weekend visit!

There is something special about a friend who can ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself just by being around them. I met Marcy back in the BYU dorms 8 YEARS ago...gosh that seems like FOREVER ago. As soon as I met her I knew that we would become great friends. She has to be one of the most POSITIVE people I know and I am so grateful for her example to me.

Here are a few pictures of us from years gone by:
Here we are learning how to long board in Hawaii. Here we are in San Francisco...Marcy's hometown.

So last Wednesday Marce called to see if I was doing anything this weekend because she wanted to come up and check out Boise. (She also wanted to see what life was like we 3 crazy boys!) She has been here one other time but it was only for one evening (our wedding reception) so she didn't REALLY get to see Boise. Needless to say I was THRILLED that she came up to see us!
We floated the river, went shopping (what we do BEST!), had a picnic at Municipal park, walked through the MK nature center, drove over to Swan Falls, went to the Discovery Center, and drove all around the city.

Marcy also gets a HUGE shout out for helping me teach my lesson on Sunday. It was the first time I had to teach ALL of the Young Women and I was pretty nervous! She teaches 2nd grade and is so calm and cool in front of a crowd!


Come visit us again soon Marce! You picked the perfect weekend to come up! Hopefully my boys didn't wear you out TOO much! As we pulled into the driveway after dropping her off at the airport Parker said, "Mom....I'm going to miss that Marcy. She was the BEST!"

3 comments:

tatum said...

woohoo, cool, i want to surf. what is up with you being the mom of three boys and having a body like that?

Starnes fam said...

Whoa Whoa Tatum...that was PRE-children I will have you know! Things aren't quite the same these days! haha!

Stephanie said...

Sorry Stac, but I am having a hard time believing that...