Saturday, August 30, 2008

Enjoying some ZZZZs

Last night was the annual ward camp out up at Grayback Gulch. We had a lots of fun spending time with great people and enjoying great food! We had a Hawaiian themed dinner which included teriyaki chicken, pork, macaroni salad and pineapple. The boys played with all of their friends over on the dirt hills and were absolutely covered in dirt from head to toe. I didn't take very many pictures but here are a few:


I opted to skip out on the actual "camping" part of the camp out. Landon just doesn't do well unless he is in his own crib in his own room. Nate and the boys stayed up overnight and had a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening to myself and ESPECIALLY enjoyed sleeping in until 9:30. Landon sleeps in for such a long time when his brothers aren't there bugging him at 7:30. It was absolute heaven.
In the morning Landon and I headed to the mall for a couple of hours. It is so easy and relaxing going shopping with one child. It's so nice to be able to actually SHOP. I remember being all stressed out when I would go anywhere with Dallin when he was a baby. What was I thinking? One kid is a breeze!!!
Anyway....you may recall a post I wrote back in April. I was at the mall and I came across a couple who were totally and utterly asleep in the middle of the mall. Here is the picture in case you don't remember what I'm referring to:
Well....today as I was shopping...lo and behold, I came across another mall snoozer. This guy was out cold....he was even snoring a little. Apparently I was unaware that the mall is the place to take your morning nap. I didn't want to seem too obvious taking a picture of this guy so I pretended to take one of Landon eating a cookie. The guy is in the background:
Next time I go to the mall I will be sure to bring my blanket and pillow! haha!

5 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That is so funny! Apparently shopping just wears some people out! It was good to see you tonight at the preschool party. Your éclairs were SOOOO yummy! I'd love to have that recipe!

Reno 411 said...

What is with you and finding people sleeping at the mall? You have a knack for it I suppose. I think it is freakin' hilarious.

Busy Lady said...

How do people sleep at the mall? It is always so noisy there, oh wait a minute that's my kids that are so noisy. Maybe if I went there alone sometime I could nap on the bench and no one would be there to bug me! What a great idea!

Jill said...

Stacy, you make me laugh!! I love it that you took those mall pix! What is it with strange people hanging out at the mall? Some entrances are always a little scary to enter through due to people hanging out by the doors!!

Stephanie said...

That's so weird? ...and really I do think you and Allison get the awards for coming up with the weirdest people! :)