Its quite amazing to me that I have gone as long as I have without blogging about the major "issue" that has been bothering me for months. Today they actually started digging so I guess I will just go ahead a vent a little becuase its time to move on.
To make a long story short.......we picked out lot out over a year ago for a particular reason. We wanted to watch our boys play at the park from our front porch. I fell in love with the view from our house and so that is why I INSISTED that this was going to be the home for us.
When we chose our lot we knew that a swimming pool was going to be going in the neighborhood but we were told over and OVER again that the pool would be on the OTHER side of the park. When the sales people told us this and when we SAW the picture of the pool on the other side of the neighborhood on the lot sales sheet we never once questioned it.
After we built our house...paid a higher price for the lot mind you...and moved in....we found out the pool was going to be going right IN FRONT of our house.
Nate and I were both furious. (As were MANY of our immediate neighbors) We had been misled from the get go. Nate did a lot of research and we thought about filing a law suit. Lets be honest though...we just don't have the money to fund a big law suit....and we still run the chance of losing and then owing thousands in attorney fees.
Nate has made peace with everything but I am still mad. People can be so sneaky and dishonest and it just infuriates me.
So...today they broke ground and I guess I have to get used to the idea. I am trying to think positively about the whole situation so here are some good reasons a pool will be going in 20 feet from my house:
1. We are told our home value will increase...maybe it will increase enough to cover the amount we have already lost from the recession.
2. The pool will be close enough to "feel" like it is in our front yard but I won't have to be the one cleaning it and taking care of it.
3. It will be our own "personal" pool. I am envisioning putting the boys to bed and bringing over the monitor since we are only a few feet away.
4. We won't even need to bring over towels because we can just run home and hop right into the shower since we live so close.
5. Pools in Boise are only open for about 3 months so I won't have to worry about increased noise and traffic the other 9 months of the year.
6. I guess we could save a little money on water through the summer. I could just take the boys across the street to bathe every day. (haha)
Honestly...there are some positives to the situation...it just wasn't what I signed up for and it takes me a little longer to get over things then my husband. I'm working on it though......
9 comments:
That is not nice. You've got some Pool Front Property in Boise. Not too bad. ~Tim
Stac - it finally happened?!!! i am bummed for you. you will just have to look at the positive side that you will not have to buy RS passes :)
I agree with you that is SO frustrating, especially since you paid more. I am so sorry. On the bright side, the house that we moved out of was just across the street from the pool and I LOVED it (granted we swim 9 months out of the year here...) The baby monitor is a fabulous idea- we did that many, many times and it makes for a nice date/evening!
What a frustrating situation. It looks like you're trying to find the good in it though. I'm sure your boys will have fun with a pool so close.
I am a TOTAL fan of a pool in your front yard, especially one that you don't have to pay for and clean. We had one in St. George for the summer and I was all about putting my kids down for a nap and taking the baby monitor. Way to look at the bright side, since there's not much you can do about it now. Will it be done in time for summer?
Yeah...it's supposed to be done by the end of the summer. I just hope it goes quickly because I'm sure its going to be a very noisy process!
You are so good to be positive. There are a lot of pros in this situation. I would be T.O. myself, just by being misled. I hate dishonest people. I can understand where you are coming from.
It will be nice to have a pool on hot days, which you can enjoy but not take care of.
Ooh, on one hand I would love to have a pool so close w/o it being my responsibility to care for, but the fact that you were told it would be somewhere else, and that you had to pay more for the lot, would get me upset too! Hopefully things will go smoothly...good luck with the construction....when they were finishing Adirondack, they always seemed to be doing the work outside Brynn's window, right during her naptime..(cringe)
Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. I'm glad you are trying to stay positive!
Post a Comment