So Saturday night was the big PROM night! We had 10 couples deck out in their radical DI and Goodwill outfits. We have such fun friends! I just LOVE it! I wore this ugly black dress with the sleeves that go from under the armpit to about halfway down my dress. I was referred to as the "flying squirrel" all night. I wore some lovely smurf blue tights and a blue belt. I also found some high heeled jelly shoes at Savers. Nate had some white pleated pants and a peach IZOD shirt and the lovely grey blazer with the arms rolled up. The best part of his outfit was his authentic Varnet sunglasses with the chums. (My moms old pair!) Most of the guys grew mustaches for the dance as well. Nate opted not to...he figured the bosses at work wouldn't be too thrilled about it. Anyway..the whole evening was so much FUN!! There were 3 REAL proms going on in Boise on that night and so it was so absolutely HILARIOUS watching the high school kids expressions when they saw us! We ate at Asiago's (yummy!) for dinner and we were the topic of many conversations going on throughout the restaurant to say the least!
After dinner we walked over to the Big Easy for the dance. As soon as we walked up to the doors people started cheering and clapping for us! Mind you...most people take this prom seriously and rent tuxes and wear fancy dresses. We took prom pictures (stay tuned for those) and danced the night away! We were busting out the running man, roger rabbit, and sprinkler moves! One of the girls in our group (Jen....the one in the bright blue dress) was asked to come up on stage and dance for us!
After the dance we went to the store to get some Red Bull and then we went over to the Jen and Jason's for the "after party." We played games and slow danced. Nate burned about 3 hours worth of 80's music so we listed to it the whole night. A bodacious night was had by all!
7 comments:
looks like you had so much fun!!! i am hoping if you guys go again next year we can join in!!!!!
Totally tublar outfits. I love them. It looks like you had a radical time.
So hilarious! This whole post reminded me of my college days..we did stuff like this for group dates. Way fun! Cute pictures!
That is so funny. I love the outfits and hair. Did Nate borrow that very outfit from dad???
Those outfits are gnarly! You look great.
I LOVE it! Especially your purple tights!
WOW! I think you guys are the coolest ever! Looks like it was a blast!!! Great tights! You should keep those and where them to church!
Post a Comment