Monday, May 5, 2008

Mom Tag!

Here we go:

1.Typically, what time do you wake up?
Now that all 3 kids are sleeping through the night....8:00am. It is WONDERFUL!

2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
7:30...they are really good at going to bed on time. (except for when Parker takes an afternoon nap...different story)


3. How long have you been a mommy?
5 years 8 months 15 days


4. How old were you when you became a mom?
21


5. What is your favorite kids T.V show?
I like Curious George.


6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show?
Tella Tubbies and Barney.... o yeah...and that Boo Bah show. SO annoying.


7. What is your favorite chore?
vacuuming. I am addicted.


8. . What is your favorite meal to cook?
Swedish Pancakes. Because everyone eats them and NO ONE complains!


9.What meal do you cook most often?
Probably anything Mexican....enchiladas, tacos, bean burritos


10. What is your kids favorite meal?
cheese pizza and root beer.

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
I love to watch him coach Dallin and Parker's teams. My all time favorite is when he shows up in his suit and helps coach...SO cute.

12. What are 5 things that make you smile about being a mom?
1. kisses and hugs
2. little boy prayers ("bless us to not hit each other...bless we won't bite one another"
3. Landon laughs.
4. Notes that Dallin throws down the stair case. They say things like...."I love you mommy" or "Will you please play a game with me?"
5. Parker putting his "deodorant" on in the morning. (An empty one)

13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
I want to take them to Sea World and Disney Land SO bad. Dallin was so little when we lived in CA and he didn't appreciate it like he would now!

14. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
I don't remember BUT I do know that we will be going out this weekend BOTH Friday and Saturday without them! Woo Hoo! (Anniversary and Adult Prom...fun weekend!)

15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids?
We love to play outside at the park right across the street from our house. We seriously play out there almost EVERY single day.

16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother?“You better stop crying or I will give you something to cry about."

17. Name one thing you do, that your own mom did?I go around and pick things up with my feet. I totally remember my mom doing that when I was little.

18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? She is FUN and compassionate.

19. What is your favorite kids book? I love "Are you my Mother?"

20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? DO NOT play developmental derby with others. Honestly...every kid develops at their own pace and just because your kid isn't crawling by six months or talking by 18 months...it doesn't mean something is wrong.

21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? I remember feeling REALLY overwhelmed after Landon was born. I was tired and I felt like I would be stuck in my house forever becuase there was no way I was ever going anywhere with all 3 boys. I had a breakdown on the way home from Landon's first Dr. appointment. Luckily those feelings didn't last too long.

22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? There are way too many joyful moments....there are moments every day that I find great joy in.

23. When was the last time you told your kids, “I Love You."
Tonight...when I tucked them in to bed.

I'm tagging any mom out there who wants to do it!


3 comments:

Logan and Kelsey said...

What a great mom! By the way, I have been wanting your swedish pancake recipe ever since I had them! SO GOOD! When you get a chance, email it so me! lognkelsjones@yahoo.com
See ya! Also, have a great anniversary and prom night!

tatum said...

you are so awesome, i need to be better after reading this

Reno 411 said...

You are so lucky that you get to sleep in till 8:00. Way to go!