Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A day at home

Being busy makes me happy. I like being on the go and taking the boys lots of different places. We love going to parks, playing with friends, going to museums the zoo....etc. Today I decided we would have a low key day where we just hung out in our PJs until noon and cleaned the house and attacked the mountain of laundry I have been looking at for the past 4 days.
Being at home all day is VERY hard for me. Its obviously hard for Parker as well. The kid is driving me NUTS!
All within the course of 3 hours he managed to:

Pull out EVERY single blanket/towel/sheet in the linen closet (TWICE mind you)
Pour a whole canister of oatmeal on the kitchen floor
Find some scissors and cut HOLES in the sides of Landon's pack and play
Pee in the garbage can in his bathroom

I am going to kill this kid. We are NOT staying home all day tomorrow.

9 comments:

Logan and Kelsey said...

Oh my gosh! That kid is trouble. When we are there, we will come babysit to give you a nice break. OR we can leave the kids with Logan and go out! :) Hang in there! Heavenly Father knew you would be a great mom!

Stephanie said...

Staci :) Where to begin with this comment other than that I know what you are feeling and that does not even really begin to tell you how much I REALLY know what you are going through-I wish I didn't! The one thing that gets me through these kinds of days is that I KNOW I'm the best mom for these three and that's why I have them...it does't make it any less frustrating, just easier to deal with the anger!

The Reading Armadillo said...

That is too funny! Where do kids come up with that kind of stuff? It's a good thing he has such a wonderful, patient mom.

janet said...

I LOVE to be out and about.. but my house suffers because I don't take the time to clean. But ever since moving to Vegas, I have become more of a homebody. There are many days where we just hang out in our pjs... and that has it's advantages too. It's hard to find a balance and I can tell when my kids are ready to get out (when they start peeing in garbage cans) Good luck and remember that this time in our lives won't last long!

tatum said...

i agree, i love staying home but my kids drive me nuts about it, so i end up hating being home. if we do that at 3, cole says, "mom we need to get out shoes on" indicating we need to go somewhere.

Reno 411 said...

Yikes! He is like a dog digging holes when he is bored. You need to keep him out of the house and doing something.

The McEwans said...

Oh my gosh, it sounds exactly like Berkley. I had NO CLUE boys could be so mischievous before I had Berkley. I totally feel your pain! I regularly have rage. I guess I need to get out more. Sounds like that solves the problem. Good thing you like being out. Parker and Berkley need to get together and play.....or not! I love reading your blog. You are so honest and refreshing!

Allison said...

Those kind of days are the worst! I always end up in tears after a day like that. Usually because I end up yelling at my kid(s) when I really just wanted to be a sweet and loving mom. My boys have peed in the bathroom garbage before too. I really don't understand the minds of little boys. Sometimes I wish I could climb in there and see what they were thinking.

jayna said...

We refer to these days as MONDAY. The day when you have to pay for the fun over the weekend.

So that should comfort you a little- that other moms with 3 kids are inside folding laundry and losing their minds at the same time you are! :)