I have now officially had 4 callings in church so far THIS YEAR. What is UP with that? We started out with the activity day girls and tacked on the HORRIBLE experience that was playing the piano in Relief Society. About 6 weeks ago I was called to teach the 5 year olds in Primary and now last week I was released from that and called to serve in Young Women's. Back to the Young Women's...that is where I am at home the most. I'll be teaching the Mia Maids. There are SO MANY of them....I'm nervous but so excited.
It's been a few days now since the house fell through. I was so excited to look at houses and now I'm just exhausted at the thought. What an emotional roller coaster it is to think you have found the ONE....and then everything just disappears. There are NO houses out there as great and wonderful as the one we found....especially in our price range. We could always build but that just takes so long and there are so many DECISIONS to be made. I think we're taking a little home hunting break.
Yesterday I got caught in the craziest rainstorm ever. I had just finished grocery shopping and had to hurry up to pick the boys up from school. I had no choice, I HAD to run through the rain, with the baby and the groceries. I was SO wet, I was literally soaked to the bone. It's hard to tell in this picture, but my hair was so wet it looked like I had jumped into a pool! I got he baby in the car first thing and then I literally THREW my groceries into the car. I cracked the gallon of milk and broke a few eggs. It was insane.
I couldn't go home and throw my dirty wet clothes into the washing machine. On, no....It has offically been over a week since my washing machine DIED. It is incredible to me how quickly the piles of laundry started to accumulate. It's like a disease spreading throughout the house, taking over every bedroom, hallway and hamper. The boys have been wearing grass stained jeans all week. Poop blowouts and spit ups tend to happen more when there is no washing machine I am convinced. Nate taught me the ways of the mission....washing underwear by hand. We went appliance shopping last night. I'm so annoyed with how expensive new washing machines are. I'm so particular and want them both to match and look pretty and last longer than 5 stinking years. Our dryer works great (since we paid $350 to have it fixed last year) so there really is no need to replace it at this time. I'm not about to pay that much again to have the washing machine fixed since I've never been crazy about it anyway. I was all geared up and ready to buy a new washing machine and dryer today and then I randomly decided to check craigslist. A man who repairs washing machines had an ad listed. I gave him a call. He said he would come by and take a look at it and give me and estimate for free. I figured it couldn't hurt to get a bid. He couldn't come until late in the evening so I made sure Nate would be home when he came by. In the meantime I checked craigslist again and it I couldn't believe my eyes. An older couple, just around the corner from us was moving and selling their Kenmore washer and dryer. For 60 bucks. I ran next door, grabbed the keys to our neighbors truck and demanded that Nate go and buy that washer and dryer set. RIGHT NOW. I was very sure that if he didn't do as I said, we would pretty much all drown in laundry in the next couple of days. He went and picked them up and unloaded them in the garage and just then the "craigslist repairman" came to the door.
O my heck. He was the epitome of a CREEPY. SCARY. CRAIGSLIST MAN. Long greasy hair and a lovely PLAYBOY bunny sweatshirt to boot. Nate took him over to look at my broken washing machine. Sure enough...he'd never heard of this brand of washing machine. He had no idea how to fix it. He and Nate were taking the machine apart and he kept asking MY HUSBAND about what this was and what that was. I just kept looking over at Nate and this strange guy and just couldn't help but laugh. Nate would just look over at me with big eyes and shake his head. What the heck was I thinking calling this random guy? I am such an idiot. I took some undercover photos to document this bizarre night.
It was a sight to see...let me tell ya. Yikes.
After he left Nate hooked up the washing machine from the older couple around the corner. I am currently on load #4 this evening. We're just getting this laundry party started too. Basically $60 has bought me some time to decide which NEW washer and dryer SET I want to go with. I'll get them when we move so we won't have to move them twice. That, or I'll wait for the big black Friday sales. ☺
And, for fun....here are some pictures of our sweet daughter. I am just soaking up each and every minute of these baby filled days. She brings me so much joy I can't even put it into words.
1 comment:
That is one adorable baby! Oh, and I laughed out loud at your pics of the repairman. Hilarious!
Post a Comment