Last October an artist in our ward (Brian Call) called and asked if Nate, Landon and I could come over for a quick photo shoot. He contributes lots of his paintings to the Ensign and needed a few models for a story coming up.
I freaked out.
Ummmm, the ENSIGN! It only goes throughout the entire WORLD! 1.3 million magazines per MONTH to be exact! He called on a Saturday morning and we were all in our grubbies. We grabbed a quick shower and went over for the quick photo session. Landon did NOT want to participate. He kept saying over and over that it made him WAY too NERVOUS! Dallin and Parker on the other hand were very upset that they weren't asked to be in it.
Nate had to wear a 1940's fighter pilot suit...which was WAY too small might I add. We put some blue and red lights up by his face and snapped away while he gave us some very "serious" looks. I tried hard not to laugh.
Landon and I had to kneel together in prayer. I was so proud of Landon for being so serious about the task. Not only was he serious but he looked very sincere. Such a sweet boy.
March seemed like forever away and amazingly enough, the time has flown by and we're already here! What a special experience to be in a magazine opposite a photo of the Prophet of our church. A treasured experience to say the least.
The article is about the blessings that come from magnifying callings. A great story.....To read the article you can click on this link:
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/03/the-blessings-of-magnifying-our-callings?lang=eng


4 comments:
That is SO cool! What a keepsake for your family!
That is so fun! What a neat experience for you guys!!
That's awesome! I bet it's cool to see an artist's depiction of what you look like.
WOWOWWWWWEEEE! Goosebumps! Love it! Captured the essence of all of you, despite the "staging."
Post a Comment