Friday night we went to Hillcrest High School to support the ballroom dance team youth in our ward. It was a Valentines/Dance Instruction night. Nate was less than thrilled about going. Luckily right before we left to go, James and Sierra stopped by so we dragged them along for some dancing fun! We actually had a blast. There were chocolate fountains with lots of yummy food and the team performed for us a few times. We then learned how to cha cha and foxtrot. Best part of the night.....Nate and James were wearing almost the EXACT same shirt. We laughed all night about it. SO random. We kept saying that they were going to Sadie Hawkins together!!
Saturday Parker played the basketball game of his life. He scored 30 points and his team dominated the other team. They've been practicing hard two times a week and all of the hard work is paying off. He has decided to keep playing into the spring...that would be 3 basketball seasons in a row but he loves it!
During the game, I took Dallin with his boy scout troop to earn their ice skating belt loop. Dallin has never been ice skating. As you can probably figure out from the picture......it was a complete and utter disaster:
Notice the red puffy eyes?
I had a bad feeling about this activity from the moment I heard about it. I wish I would have followed my gut and just avoided the whole thing. I know my son, I know how frustrated he gets when he can't master something right away, and how sensitive he can be about it. Absolute nightmare. I became upset as well after an incident with a leader and cried my eyes out to Nate as soon as we got home. My sweet husband took us out for dinner and then decided that we all needed to go and buy a couple of new outfits for our new baby...that HE would pick out since he hadn't gotten anything for her since we found out it was a HER. It was sweet. And it made the whole night SO much better. He picked a DARLING little dress with a ruffle bum. Too precious. I ended up playing the piano in Relief Society on Sunday. It went much better then I thought. I pretty much practiced the piano more then Dallin this week but it's probably good for me. I messed up a few times but no one should expect perfection when it has been this long!
Our Valentines are ready for the big day tomorrow! We did the same thing we did last year! It's just too cute and easy to not do!
I am teaching preschool this week and we had so much fun at our Valentines Party today! One little girl couldn't make it so it was just the boys.
We sorted Valentine color buttons, made heart hand prints for our moms, decorated cookies and made love bug hats again!
We have all sorts of events this week: more basketball, school luau, scouts, Valentines Day, more preschool, Activity Days and Friday we are headed to Boise! I can't WAIT to see my Boise friends. Oh, how I am need of a friend and family re-charge.
Oh yes, and here is the weekly photo (for you Jami): 19.5 weeks....woo hoo! JUST about halfway! Goodbye morning sickness hello HOT LAVA HEARTBURN! Bleh.



3 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!! so precious!!!!! Can I see you this weekend?!?!?!
Yes! I love the photo updates , and that you went dancing, and the matching shirts, and that your boys gets frustrated about ice skating, too! (we had a nightmare time once & have not tried again)
You look sooo cute! The suckers thing is super cute, and I loved all the stories!
Post a Comment