Friday, July 1, 2011

Perspective

We found out last night that some friends of ours during the law school days just suffered a horrible tragedy. Mark (the dad in this photo) passed away leaving behind a sweet wife and 5 beautiful children.
Usually I am bouncing off the walls excited as the 4th of July is just around the corner. Today though, I have been fervently counting my blessing...and constantly praying for this family. I'm so grateful for my testimony of the gospel and I that I know that family is forever. My heart breaks for Brooke and for her children. When things like this happen and they hit really close to home it puts life into perspective. I am rededicating myself to focus on the things that matter most...to not sweat the small stuff and to live each day to the fullest. You just never know...... 

I'm still looking forward to our long holiday weekend with family and friends but I know without a doubt  I will be holding them a little closer. I hope that all of my family and friends who enjoy reading my little old blog will do the same.

Happy 4th of July.


6 comments:

Mrs.Garofoli said...

I am so sorry stacks. That is such sad news...

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That is so sad. I will be praying for them.

Joe and Amy said...

This is so sad and shocking. I love the Cox family. Such great people.

The Reading Armadillo said...

I've been feeling the same way! It was such shocking news this week and my heart goes out to them!

Marie said...

Wow. Thanks for the reminder. God bless them.

Em and Tom said...

Don't even know what to say. We were just talking about them the other day. I'll call you Tuesday. I miss you and will be praying for your friend. Love you.