Friday, July 29, 2011

Starnespalooza 2011

You know you've been having a ROCKIN' time when you accumulate ALL of these passes/papers on your dashboard over the course of just a few days!

Last year Nate's family came up to visit us and we made some pretty awesome memories together. We decided that we needed to make that happen again this summer so "Starnespalooza" the 2nd was created!
I'll let all of our pictures tell the story of  an extremely BUSY yet WONDERFUL 5 days!

Evening of Day 1 and Day 2: Camping and Playing at LAVA HOT SPRINGS!











Day 3 was spent enjoying the sun and fun up at the lake!






Day 4: We stopped in the middle of NOWHERE at the world's first nuclear power plant on our way to Crater's of the Moon! Why did we stop there??.....well, some of us are still asking ourselves that question! Nate (on the other hand) loved it so much he wants to go back to learn more. I felt like each second I was in that place I was just getting dumber and dumber. ☺






 Crater's was AWESOME! We climbed a volcano and then everyone else except for me strapped on their head lamps on and headed for the caves. I (being the graceful one that I am) slipped and fell off the sidewalk right by where we parked and strained my ankle. I could hardly walk to I stayed in the car and read and napped while everyone had a good time.








Then we packed up and headed back to Idaho Falls. We had dinner, said goodbye to Kelsey and Lee and headed over to the drive in movie to see Cars 2!




Day 5: We headed to church! Afterwords, the Pitchers headed up to Yellowstone.
Told you it was BUSY! Was I right or was I right? I've said it before and I'll say it again....we are pretty blessed to have such amazing family. Our boys just ADORE time spent with their cousins. Starnespalooza 2....a great success!

2 comments:

Em and Tom said...

Looks like good times. Tom walked by while I was reading it just in time to see Nate on the kid swing, and laughed that Nate had so much fun at the Nuclear Power plant place. He misses youz guys, we all miss youz guyz. Lets do the drive in movie and craters of the moon next summer o.k.?

Starnes fam said...

YES! I'm already planning on it! ☺