Rewind. Last Wednesday. I was awakened to 4 sweet faces and handed my princess crown. I was instructed to wear it all day long. ☺As Landon clearly stated, "Mom, you are the PWINCESS in our family!" After daddy left the boys and I cleaned the house and I was surprised to have a couple of friends stop by and drop gifts off. I looked like a scary witch wearing my grubbies and NO makeup! They were probably thinking...."WHOA..30 surely isn't agreeing with her!" Then we went and picked up Jessi and her boys and headed down to Pocatello to meet my best friend since birth Ashley and her darling girls at the water park. It was Ashley's first time up here to see us and I was SO excited to have her come and stay for a couple of days!
After the waterpark we came home and had a little BBQ.
Then Ash gave my my gift. Well, she gave me MANY gifts but the ONE gift that made me cry and cry! Ashley put together a WONDERFUL book. You see, Ash and I have been celebrating birthdays for each other since the very beginning.
Here we are on my very first birthday:
She compiled all sorts of pictures of us through the years. In the book were sweet letters written from family and friends. It was the most thoughtful and kind gift I think I have ever received.
I loved this picture....I hadn't ever seen it before.
Ash is a friend like no other. I love her like she is my sister.
O yeah, I almost forgot....my big gift from Nate! I am SO excited because in October Nate and I are going on a little trip. We are headed to.........................
YAY! Washington DC!!! Nate has never been east of the Mississippi and I have ALWAYS wanted to go back ever since the good ol 8th grade trip where I had absolutely ZERO appreciation for anything I was seeing! Oh yeah...AND the best part is, we get to see our DEAREST friends the Perry's!!!
I'm counting down already!!!
.
The next day Ash and I packed up the kids and headed to Mesa Falls...ironic because that is where I took the boys for my birthday LAST year! It was a PERFECT day...no people, beautiful and sunny....everything was going SO smoothly. Well, up until this point anyway. ☺
Then as we headed home we started hearing this crazy loud noise. Ash was like, "Pull OVER...I think you have a flat." We jumped out of the car to find that yes indeed, we picked up a nail somewhere. I have never in my life had a flat tire so I immediately called Nate. He was a good 45 min away so we resorted to plan B. I ran over to a Port of Entry that we had just passed and asked the 2 men there for some help. They were happy to help. About 3 minutes later another man with a tow truck stopped to help. The scary looking yet very nice men had us back on the road in 30 minutes. I love Eastern Idaho.
Good people over here I am telling ya.
We laughed and laughed. Of course something like this had to happen to us!
THEN....we headed up to one of my favorite places on earth:
Ahhhh...the cabin. A post for tomorrow.
3 comments:
I'm so happy you had a Happy Birthday week darling! I'm glad you had such good friends to celebrate with. I was so sad I couldn't be there! Good thing you have such a wonderful husband!!!
Ya Baby Washington D.C. with the Starnes!!!!!! I CAN NOT STAND the wait! We talk about it every day. Love you so much, and you don't look a day over 23. I even think you could pull off pink hair if you wanted... wish I could:)
Staci, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! We've been out of town for 2 weeks, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You know I love you and adore you, and I LOVED turning 30. 30's are awesome! Plus now you have a whole decade before people start asking you again, so are you nervous about turning ... It's great! I'm glad it was such a wonderful day, still miss you so much, happy b-day week.
I am so glad I got to be there for the big day! Thank you for making me smile, cry, laugh and laugh some more! love you lots!
Post a Comment