I ♥♥♥ the 4th of July!!! And here is why!
Food:I made some delicious white chocolate strawberries and then dipped the tip in some blue sprinkles. I saw the idea in Family Fun and they turned out SUPER cute!
We indulged in all sorts of delicious BBQ, yummy salads and delicious goodies over the holiday including 3 cakes! One for my brothers birthday, one for my birthday and of course we had the traditional flag cake!
Here is everyone singing Happy Birthday to both James and I! ☺
Friends: We had such a blast getting together with our friends. We went over to the Haskells on Saturday night for a BBQ with the Langfords and the Koppings. Then we went swimming in the pool that WOULD have been right across the street from our old house. It was a little sad and a little surreal to be there but we still had lots of fun nonetheless.
Here is my (sniff sniff) house.....kind of felt a little stabbed in the heart when I would look over at it but hey....life goes on right? I like symbolism of the gate in the picture. Me on the other side of the fence looking in...haha. Hey, at least the people who bought it are taking care of it..as well they should since they bought it for a freaking STEAL of a deal! Nate just had to keep whispering in my ear..."It's ok hon...I'll buy you a better house...I promise."☺Ok...moving on.
Later on that night we met up with the Koppings again at around 11:00pm at a place that my brothers absolutely LOVE to go. It's a place I have heard a lot about but have never been. We were totally game for a little adventure so we headed out to State Street. We went to this DIVE called Merritts for some white trash 24 hour delicious SCONES! The place was so gross looking, some Hells Angels rolled in while we were there. Oh, we laughed. GREAT times. And REALLY great scones.
Another night we met up with the Haskells again after Nate's bike race for some Cheesecake Factory. We adore the Haskells. Once again...laughed so hard my cheeks ached! Nate and Chris were rocking the same hat that night. Biking brothers....that's what they are.
Family:My sweet baby nephew was blessed over the weekend. I couldn't get enough of that little guy. He is SO darling. I wanted to snatch him up and bring him home with me. ☺
We also found some time to run over to the MK Nature center to see the huge 6 foot sturgeon (YIKES) and enjoy some wildlife.
Of course the only nature the boys really enjoyed was this:Gotta love boys.
Fireworks:We enjoyed the fireworks including the almost $300 worth of illegal fireworks that my dad picked up over in Mt. Home. It was a very LOUD exciting night. Hehe.
Flat Water:Earlier on the 4th we headed over to our favorite (secret) lake. Lake Owyhee. Seriously....warm water, no crowds, no waves...it was INCREDIBLE. Shhhhh...don't tell all of the millions of people who when to Lucky Peak on the 4th. ☺
Freedom/Fun: We decided to head back to Idaho Falls going a different way. I was getting so sick and tired of the same ol' drive so we decided to change things up a bit. We went through Fairfield and Arco. On the way we stopped at the National Monument Craters of the Moon. What a little boys dream! We had fun exploring a new part of Idaho that really isn't very far from our IF. The caves were incredible! We want to go back there ASAP!
Love the 4th, love the freedoms that I am blessed to enjoy, love my friends and family and I love making memories in a country that I am proud to be apart of.
"God Bless America....land that I love."
2 comments:
Beautiful pics. Great times, I want to join up with your crew & play- you guys are so fun & it is contagious! There will be a better house, because you will be in it! Love you, friend, Happy 4th!
Good stuff Stac!!! I loved all the pics. I'm so behind I can't bring myself to do anything today, but I'll do it soon. Miss ya!
Post a Comment