Tonight was a special night. Dallin has been very driven and determined in his scouting and is working hard to complete his wolf. He had to plan, prepare, and clean up after dinner to check off one of his final goals before he can move up the ranks. He decided to make salmon, carrots, rice, salad and a little dessert.
I'm usually in such a rush to get dinner out and on the table before everyone starts turning into hunger ravaged zombies but Dallin and I took our time and worked hard in the kitchen (well, I supervised) for a good hour and a half from the start of preparing food to cleaning up. I enjoyed every moment! Dallin was fascinated and asked TONS of questions about EVERYTHING. Why do we do this....why do we add that?
It was SO yummy! (Even more delicious to me because I didn't have to cook it!!!) Parker and Landon kept saying over and over again..."THANKS DALLIN! THIS IS SOOOOO GOOD! This is the BEST dinner EVER!" Hold up...how come they hardly ever do that when I cook??? Hmmmmm.......
Dishes with a SMILE on his face. This is definitely a picture to hold fast to once he becomes a cranky teenager. Oh, and while washing dishes he decided to work on his spelling words for the spelling bee coming up at the end of the month. Honestly....who's kid is this??
Grateful he's mine.

3 comments:
AMEN! That is fantastic. Great kid, you are pretty fab too, Mom.
Great kid because he has a great Mom...and dad is you want to get technical :) Good Job Dall!!
♥ my sweet friends!
Post a Comment