Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crunch time

This is it...crunch time people. The "shower of the century" is in 1 week from today and this weekend I have been preparing for the big day. I ordered, picked up, stuffed, and sent 125 invitations for Jessi's baby shower. I did get a couple of paper cuts (ouchie!) on my tongue in the process and I literally thought I was going to puke after licking that many envelopes.

I've decided to SIMPLIFY this whole ordeal. I decorated some plain gift bags and we are going to use those as our center pieces. Cute and cheap....speaking my language! I also put a little gift in each bag to give to Jessi. I made those cute paper flowers out of cupcake liners and glued on some cute ribbons. Easy smeashy!


I made a fun banner. Man, I need a circuit or a silhouette cutter or something. Took me forever and if I had one of those babies it would have been done in 1/8 the time. I like it though.....anyone need to throw a shower for a baby boy???....this thing is getting used again. ☺

All of the 100 goodie bags are stuffed and ready to go as well!
My sweet Activity Day girls came over and helped me put the bags together. Inside I have a baby boy mint and a couple of cute magnets. The girls put the magnets together and tied bags. They really did help me out a TON!

Quick side note. I love my calling. This week the girls learned the value of gratitude. We talked about how important it is to give thanks whenever you can. We decided to write letters to people we wanted to give appreciation to. Most of the girls wrote letters to parents, siblings, or friends. I turned around from writing my letter and 2 sweet little 9 year olds handed me letters. The thing was, they weren't told to write letters to their leaders. I was so touched. I feel guilty tossing the letters in the trash, so here they are on the good old blog. It's true, a little thanks really can make a difference. I'm grateful for my calling and for the things these sweet girls continue to teach ME week after week. I'm going to try to focus more on saying THANK YOU this week...to my family, and to those around me. It was a great reminder.



































Today I also had the opportunity to help out with the boy scouts. BOY SCOUTS and ACTIVITY DAY GIRLS.....POLAR OPPOSITES. That's all I've got to say about that.  We headed over to Home Depot and made race cars. I'm wondering why I didn't know about this whole "building something cool" at Home Depot once a month. I am totally hitting this up with my boys from here on out. It was tons of fun and what a great way for boys to learn about handling tools. No offense Nate but they aren't going to learn it from you......hehehe. (I'm getting in trouble for that one ☺) You just have many OTHER gifts and talents!!

It's been a fun and BUSY weekend. I feel like I always get a lot done when my man is out of town but I am sure ready for him to come back tonight. I'm so grateful he rarely travels...I couldn't hack it. I have SUCH an appreciation for single moms, military wives, and wives of husbands who travel all the time.

4 comments:

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

I may have to steal some of your decorating ideas, they are all so very cutie patootie! Love them and all you put into them, you are a very special person. I remember Ashley's shower and all you did to make it so special, THANKS for being who you are.

Em and Tom said...

You are "T"amazing!!!!

Em and Tom said...

Can't wait for you to come visit!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE.
The shower is going to be so fabulous! Wish I could party crash it :D