'Twas the evening of Monday, and all through the house
All the children were antsy to make a gingerbread house.
The candy was placed on the table with care
Everyone hoping there were pieces to spare
The children were no where near ready for bed
Even though mom and dad were tired and pretty much dead.
The mother decided to make her own batter
Of homemade royal frosting to decorate and splatter
And then it all started...the boys started to clash
"This frosting DOESN'T work! This frosting is TRASH!"
Then houses were falling, there was much woe.
I've never made royal frosting....I didn't KNOW!
The crying all started and fits of rage started to appear
Bottom line, the frosting just would not adhere.
The mother tried to fix it she tried to be quick
But Parker was so upset he started to scream and kick
Then the father stood up, he was ready to tame
He shouted and hollered and called them by name
Now Dallin, and Parker and Landon and cat!
You stop it right now....you don't treat your mother like that!
All of the boys continued to bawl
The house building had come to a compete stall
"Get to your rooms...you are NOT choosing the right!"
"You all blew it, now it is time for bed and GOOD NIGHT!"
*Bottom line. I'm buying the stupid KIT next time.
12 comments:
I am crying I am laughing SO HARD!!!!!!!! Good effort mom!
ps. my favorite is that the cat made the poem.
that is awesome :)
LOL!!!!! oh, stac, you are mother of the year for even trying in the first place. i learned that 2 years ago and have bought the kits ever since. cookie frosting doesnt get hard enough and if you use tthe tube stuff it runs! Kudos to you! xo
I have to say that we got a kit from Costco for the first time this year, and I hated the frosting in it...maybe I'm retarded or something. But I've had better luck making royal frosting, so next year we are going to try it the homemade way :) ha ha. Good luck, and at least there's a lot of candy to spare!!
you=amazing! :) Love this post.
Sorry things didn't turn out. I can never make the frosting (no matter what kind) work. So we use melted sugar. It is like cement. Just dump some sugar in a pan and stir until it turns runny and brown. It is really hot, so we do the assembling and the kids decorate.
Bahahahaha! That is hilarious. Nice try. I have absolutely NO advice on making gingerbread houses, you might recall my "house" last year.
You NEED to write a book! You are so good with writing. Luckily I learned about the frosting my first year of marriage before the kids came along. I feel for your effort, but your picture at the end says it all. Miss you, see you next weekend!
Oh Stace I got such a good smile from this I handed it to Chad to read! Talk about classic parents work hard to do something special and the kids have no appreciation and throw fits to ruin what was once thought to be a special activity! Loved this post! Keep up the good work there in Idaho Falls!
Submit this to Mormon mommy blogs- the world at large (at least of the LDS persuasion) need to laugh over this shared nightmare!
All I can say to your posts are "ditto" I have those same un-grateful boys running wild at our place. All my kids have been told they are on the naughty list.
THank goodness your blog is back! It is a daily routine for me & I missed you. Hope to see you soon : 0 )
I can't stop laughing!!! sorry it was at your expense! loved your poem & picture!
Post a Comment