Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sledding

We woke up this morning to a few fresh inches of snow and I decided we needed to get outside and enjoy it because negative temps are headed our way!

We called Dad and had him come home on his lunch break to put together the boys NEW snowmobile sled. (A Christmas gift from Grandma Rock!) Quick side note....can I just say how fabulous that it only takes a few minutes for Nate to come home mid day? I ♥ it!

Then we headed over to the Ucon hill to give her a ride!



 THEN the wind started picking up. We're not talking about a little breeze.....we talking like 35-40 mph gusts. Then the sleds started pulling a Santa on us...if you weren't holding on to them, they would just FLY away!
Here is a picture of Dallin retrieving one that got away!

Some peoples sleds were literally blowing off into the sunset or over onto the freeway. Yikes. Can you imagine driving along on the freeway and then suddenly smacking into a random SLED blowing by. So dangerous yet a little bit funny at the same time.

 Landon took a tumble, bruised his check and had to go back into the car. He calmed down as soon as I said we would stop and get some hot cocoa on the way home.
 It was a FUN and FREEZING day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a fun mom, I have said it before, but I will say it again! And yes, hot cocoa fixes all at our house too :0)