Christmas shopping is done. Christmas cards are all sent. Neighbor gifts are finished. NOW we can focus on just enjoying the season!! Tonight for FHE we started by taking around our neighbor gifts. I wanted to something VERY easy this year. The boys helped me so all afternoon we partially dipped some big pretzels in white chocolate and added some cute sprinkles. Then we packaged them up with some cute buckets and ribbon. SUPER easy and really cute.
After delivering gifts we went downtown to the Museum of Idaho where they hold their annual Old Fashioned Christmas Festival. It's 100% FREE and such a great way to spend an evening together! The boys took their letters that they wrote to Santa and dropped them off in the special mail drop.
Inside they have all sorts of nativity exhibits and gingerbread houses. They also have tons of antique Santa's and beautifully decorated Christmas trees.
We saw some REAL gingerbread houses. Maybe I should find out who made this little number and get their royal icing recipe. I'm sure if I had the right recipe we could throw something like this together in no time. ☺
Now THIS is the kind of Christmas activity that I have been longing to do! I'm not sure what is going on with me....I'm on some sort of an "old fashioned" Christmas kick lately. I even watched White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and Miracle on 34th Street....for the VERY first time EVER in my LIFE this weekend!
Once again all of this small town stuff must be rubbing off on me.......help me Aubrey! Good thing a trip to Boise is in sight! haha!


4 comments:
I will...we need to go out downtown, ride the bus, see a concert, something urban... and I am going to check that all your teeth are still present & accounted for, my hillbilly friend :0)
Seriously, let me know what your schedule allows for.
Cute idea, looks like fun, see you soon!
Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow!
Welcome to the club. That's like my families fav christmas movie!!! I don't even have it. My sisters, and I all like to sing it AT each other. Gross horns Nate. Love the shot of Parks. Miss you, and see ya soon!
Me too! I am in an "old fashion" kinda mood this year as well. I was never a fan of sitting down to watch the traditional Charlie Brown's christmas or other classics, but I enjoy them a whole lot this time around.
Maybe because my baby is old enough to watch it with me. :)
Great pretzel gift idea, too! Looks delish.
Post a Comment