Monday, September 13, 2010

To the Mother of the girl who will one day marry my son,

I don't know who you are but today as I took my boys to the zoo I couldn't stop thinking about you. I saw a mom with 3 little girls and the thought crossed my mind.....maybe one of your daughters will marry one of my sons. Crazy thought? Yeah, maybe.....but for some reason I kept stewing over it.

You could be anyone, living anywhere, doing anything.....who knows, maybe I already know you. Sometimes I try to imagine you rocking a little girl in your arms, the little girl who will one day be the woman my son hold in his arms. I imagine you taking pictures of her and putting them in a scrapbook or on a blog of your own and perhaps one day my son will show me when  he asks me who I think our grandchild looks like.

It seems strange that even though we don't know each other we are already connected and our lives are destined to one day be intertwined through our children's love. We are in a partnership... I'm preparing my son for your daughter and you are preparing her for my son.

I hope you realize how important you are (even though kids can be difficult and can act like crazy MONKEYS at times!)


 I hope you cherish the time with your daughter and realize that what you are doing is not a waste of time. We are laying the foundation of who these kids are going to become. The relationships that we build with our children during their early years will have a tremendous influence on the way they feel later about developing their own intimate relationships. While our children are very young, we can teach them the value of loving and being loved. (Sorry....little early childhood education moment there! :)


I just want you to know that I really am trying to be a good mom. I am far from perfect but I'm doing the best I know how. I'm trying my hardest to fill my son (each of them) up with love, knowledge, and integrity so that he will be the man you want for your daughter. I am doing everything I can to teach him about who he is, what his mission is on earth, and how to treat women with love and respect. I want him to be the type of man who will cherish your daughter and nurture your... our... grandchildren.



Seems like its forever away but you were on my mind today.

1 comment:

Mrs.Garofoli said...

you just made me cry... You know, it could be Scarlett!!! Love your blog stace. Read it every week and it makes my day. You are a really great writer!!

Kali Garofoli