Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Guinea Pig!


Dear Dallin,

Tomorrow you are turning 8 years old. I think about where we were 8 years ago tonight. I was at home enduring pain like I had never known. I knew you were coming soon. I was so excited, so terrified, so overwhelmed. I wrote this in my journal that night,
"The past 9 months have been life changing already. I know that you will be here soon and I can hardly wait to hold you in my arms. I want you to know that I love you already. Daddy and I don't have many material things but I know that you are coming into a home where your parents love you and they love each other. I know we will do anything we can to make you happy and show you that you are the most important thing in the world to us. I can't wait to see who you look like and see those little feet that have been kicking me for the past few months. This is the beginning of our eternal family what an incredible thing to think about."

20 hours of labor later.....you finally made your appearance.



My life changed and my purpose in life became clear on that day. There is no DOUBT in my mind that you have taught me way more then I could ever teach you. You are a fantastic oldest brother. You keep your younger "brudders" in line and I thank you for helping me keep them alive for the past 6 years! You are honest. I always know who to ask when everyone is crying and 3 different stories are being told. Thank you for always being so kind, so obedient, and so dependable.

You are hard to discipline. You are much harder on yourself then you need to be. I remember back when you started kindergarten and you threw a rock towards the playground. You weren't throwing it AT anyone but you accidentally hit a little girl. The duty lady came over to talk to you about not throwing rocks and you burst into tears. You cried, "Please O Please FORGIVE ME!" You fell on your knees and begged to be forgiven. You ended up going to the Principal's office, not because you were in trouble but because you needed a place to calm down before heading back to the classroom.

This year is a very special year Dallin. You will be baptized this weekend. You are so excited and you are prepared. I know that your Heavenly Father is proud of you and this big decision that you have made. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that is mine to be your mom. I can't wait to see the things you accomplish in this life. I know you can do anything you want. I'm excited to see the man that you will grow to become. Thanks for continuing to teach me each day. Always remember how much I love and adore you.

Love,
Momma

5 comments:

The Jones' said...

I seriously got emotional! Love you dallin! -aunt Kelsey

Natalie said...

What a beautiful letter. I love Dallin. I am excited to see you all soon.

Em and Tom said...

You got me crying. You are a sweet mommy. I love the pic of Nate with your dad looking at him like "I know you can do it," and probably a little "you'd better," in it too! Love you Dallin. You have Great parents!

Marie said...

sniff-sniff. Very sweet post for a very sweet boy. Can't wait to read about the baptism.

Unknown said...

Oh my heart just swells when I read this. You are such a great momma & so well spoken, even back then!

sorry about that creepy turtle btw, I know you have turtle issues :)