Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lion King

Don't you just hate when you have to choose between 2 GREAT options? Sometimes I wish I could be in 2 places at once! This weekend I could either go with Nathan to Sun Valley (I have NEVER been there) for a conference or take the kids to see the Lion King with my Grandma.

Conferences are every year but who knows when the opportunity to see the Lion King will come around again. I packed up the boys and we headed down to UT. Sorry babe....I will go NEXT year I promise!!!

We met up with the cousins for a fun day at Heritage Park. I LOVE that place. You can go there over and over again and have a completely different experience.

We pet animals, made sweet arrowhead necklaces, visited the schoolhouse, and rode the train.




We learned from the mountain man and we panned for gold. After finding some gold pieces the kids were able to head over to the bank and cash their gold in for some taffy!
Dallin also got his first "shave."

We had a great time and ended up staying for HOURS longer then we thought because Ashley lost her keys. Not a good place to lose your keys. O well, its always an adventure!!! The kids had a blast playing together.

Saturday I met up with Ashley (the other one) and we went over to Wheeler Farm. It is funny how MY mom and ASHLEY'S mom used to take US to Wheeler Farm when we were babies. Now we're taking our kids all these years later!


It was such a great day. After the farm I tried and tried to get my boys to take a nap before the Lion King. It started at 8:00 so I knew it was going to be a late night for my "early to bed" boys. Needless to say, they didn't take a nap. I was hoping for the best. Landon went over to Grandma Lee Lee's for the night. I'm so glad we didn't have him go....I KNOW he wouldn't have lasted!  Dallin and Parker were so excited though!



The show was INCREDIBLE! We had great seats and the boys LOVED it. Parker did fall asleep after intermission but Dallin was on the edge of his seat (literally) the whole time. AMAZING doesn't even begin to describe it!

Missed my man but decided I made the right choice! :)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Lion King looks AWESOME!!!! How fun!