Sunday, March 21, 2010

Calling it like it is!

My parents are getting a new roof on their house. They are replacing the 15 year old wood shake shingles and getting some more durable, less flammable, lifelong shingles. It has been a huge undertaking and the men have been working now for a couple of weeks so we've avoided going over there because it is a major construction area.

Then roofers are some pretty SCARY looking guys. There are a lot of long scragilly beards and missing teeth to say the least. Most of them are ex convicts and drug addicts.

Landon and I stopped by last week. As we approached the house some of the men started waving and smiling.

Landon's response: "Look MOM! REAL PIRATES!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA.... awesome. I thought that was just a stereotype until we built a house a few years back. I would have the boys shield their eyes when they opened their trailer full of porn. Uggghh...