We stayed at Shore Lodge. Nate had a conference up in McCall and as soon as he said it was at Shore Lodge I told him that he wasn't going without me! That place brings back all sorts of memories of my growing up years. It has been completely redone and was absolutely beautiful.
Here was the view from our room:1. While Nate was golfing I experienced a feeling I haven't had in a long time. Utter boredom. I was trying to remember what I liked to do when I was alone.....it was a very STRANGE feeling. I decided to go shopping. I went to a few bookstores and small gift shops. I rather ENJOY shopping alone. It was very CALM and peaceful. After shopping, I walked over to the Art in the Park. I sat down and listened to live music. I took my time looking at art...FRAGILE beautiful pieces of art. I saw a woman scolding her son for touching some glass thing and I smiled at her. I smiled because I felt for this woman and I loved that MY kids weren't there.
2. When the housekeepers came in to clean up our room I felt total and complete GUILT. Surely I could get off my rear and make our bed...after all I usually end up making at least 2 or 3 beds in my own house every day. The guilt only lasted a couple of minutes. Then I went right back to knitting my hat, enjoying the view and sipping my huckleberry shake from room service.
3. It was so much fun. I forgot how much I like having my husband's undivided attention. No bike or kids to compete with. YES....Gina (the bike) stayed home.
Check out the hot tub...right on the water's edge:
4 comments:
Sounds wonderful!!! If (hopefully when) we move back to Boise we will have to swap kids for weekends so we can do wonderful stuff like this. I am glad you two had such a good time!
I'm soooo jealous! Glad you had fun!
This is our favorite get-a-way too! We love the shore lodge! -Invite us next time too! ;)
No GINA?!?! Wow! You must be moving up on his list of women! haha! Sounds like a fun and romantic weekend! You deserved it!
Post a Comment