Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't even THINK about putting your toys away!

***UPDATE: Landon threw a fit becuase the boys weren't sharing marbles with him and proceeded to RIP apart the WHOLE blasted thing! I could laugh...I could cry. I think I will just go to bed early. What a stupid and wasted day.

My Lando is sick so we've been hanging out around the house for the past couple of days. Dallin received some fun gifts for his birthday which have been keeping everyone busy and not stir crazy.

One gift he received from my parents was this joyous little gem:


I should have been tipped off right from the beginning since the toy has GENIUS in the title. O yeah...and the fun little memo in the corner.....500 pieces.
Let me just say, it has taken me 8 hours total to put this toy together today. I started last night and worked on it for a couple of hours. The I spent another 6 on it today. Parker and Landon were condemned from the marble building room for the duration of the construction time. They have done nothing but watch TV ALL day long. I couldn't have then anywhere near me because if one piece is missing...the dumb thing won't work. My back hurts, I'm still in my PJs, no one is dressed for that matter, kitchen is a wreck because no one has been fed and the boys have been snacking on string cheese and dry cereal all day.
After putting the last piece I started dancing around the room like an idiot. I felt like I had just run a marathon or climbed Mt. Everest.
This toy says it is for ages 8 and up. Good luck little 8 year old. I'd like to see how long it takes you to put this thing together...unless you really are a genius of course.

I don't care if this toy clutters up my room for a good month or two. We're getting in a LOT of play time with this baby because this mom isn't putting it together again for a VERY long time! (Next time around it's DAD's turn!)

5 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

Sorry Staci! You are such a good mom to put it together in the first place. Those dang grandparent gifts!

Anonymous said...

That sucks! Sometimes that is how it goes I guess!
-Jenni

Stephanie said...

Holy cow! That looks like a monster of a toy-their smiles I hope made up for it?!

Ash and Shane said...

So Sorry Stac. Think of it as character building. I'm just glad none of Emmalee's presents required that much assembly!!!

Logan and Kelsey said...

HAHAHAHA! I am laughing out loud. I totally pictured the entire scene at the Starnes'. Love it! I visualized your hair in a pony and you with a crazy look in your eyes. The boys are disheveled with their dirty pajamas splattered with food stains. Classic. :)

I am sad to hear about Landon's rage against the marbles... sigh...