Thursday, December 18, 2008

So you didn't get a Christmas card from us? Too bad so sad!

This morning I was determined to get the last few things checked off my Christmas to do list. One of the items on the list was to head over to Costco to get the last of my Christmas pictures to put in our final group of Christmas cards. Dallin and Parker were both at school so Landon and I headed on over prepared to deal with the crowds.

The photo line was backed up all the way over into the electronics department. I tried to keep Landon occupied which is becoming more and more difficult as he is really DISLIKING carts lately. Twenty minutes later we get up to the counter and I pick up the pictures.

Landon and I dash to the car (it is absolutely FREEZING outside) and as we approach the car I drop the pictures. The pavement is wet and then a truck proceeds to RUN OVER the pictures.

I get in the car and peel open the wet, tire tracked pictures. Lo and behold.....THEY ARE NOT EVEN MY PICTURES!!! They are all pictures of some random woman standing in a doorway.

I have no time and no patience to go back and in figure out what happened to my family pictures. SO...for those of you who I haven't sent a card to yet...........

10 comments:

Allison said...

That is hilarious! She looks like a really nice lady, whoever she is/was!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

WAY TO FUNNY! I laughed and laughed. That's certainly more entertaining than any card I've gotten this year. I bet the other lady is wondering where her pictures could be.. . I bet she never dreamed they'd be someone elses card for the year :)

tatum said...

oh my gosh, i am laughing so hard right now! =) that makes my night, i love stories like that even though your probably going what the beep!? i am not doing cards this year so i am sorry, but i hope you will still send me one when you get all figured out. and maybe we will do some kind of new year mailer

Jami said...

only something so funny like this could happen to you stac, lol. Merry Christmas!

Logan and Kelsey said...

Haha! Staci, that is so funny. Life has its moments!

Marie said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! I think you should send them anyway. :) It'll really confuse people.

The Reading Armadillo said...

What a great story! How funny. My husband read it and rushed in last night to tell me the story. He thinks you should just send the picture! People would get a real kick out of it.

Lee Starnes said...

No way! What a disappointment but what a funny story for years to come. You always have the best blog stories. Can't wait to have you full time here. Love you

Valynn said...

I love this! Thanks for a great laugh!!! I wonder if that very nice lady has some pictures of a very nice looking Starnes family.
Merry Christmas!

Batty Bunch said...

Staci, Oh my gosh! That is so hilarious! I love reading your posts because you have the funniest stories. It makes it even better because I can imagine you telling them. I miss you! Check my blog for a Christmas card. I just didn't get to it this year, so I figured I would post one.