Thursday, December 11, 2008

Brown paper packages tied up with string....

Some of my favorite winter time things:

Fireplaces- There are 2 things you can spend hours and hours gazing at. The first is a newborn baby and the second is fire in a fireplace. As soon as there is crispness in the air...the fire is on.
SNOW- I love waking up to freshly fallen snow..especially on a Saturday morning when no one has to be anywhere. It is so majestic and beautiful. I love taking the kids outside to make a snowman or heading over to the huge dirt piles behind our neighborhood to go sledding. Disclaimer-I hated snow when we lived in Washington. I think this was due to the fact that the roads were always SO horrible and no one knows how to drive. That is the great thing about living in Boise. If it snows overnight, 9 times out of 10 the snow is gone by the afternoon!
Starbucks Carmel Apple Cider- My sister in law introduced me to this delicacy a few years ago. It is definitely a treat in a cup. It is made from warmed apple juice, cinnamon syrup and whipped cream with butter carmel sauce on top....salivating yet??
Christmas Music- I just love Christmas music. As soon as Thanksgiving is over I listen to it everywhere. When we're home its on...when we're in the car its on. I love that the majority of the songs touch on the true meaning of Christmas. They invite the wonderful spirit of Christmas into our lives. I think it's sad that we only have one month to appreciate them. It is so nice to not have to worry about what song is on the radio when we have the station set to Light 108 for the entire month of December!
My Swedish Candles- We always throw the people off when we put our Swedish candles up in the window. One neighbor was like, "I thought you guys were Mormon...why do you have Hanukkah candles in your window?"
My candles represent many things to me....family, heritage, traditions, religion and sacrifice. I am so grateful for my ancestors, my grandparents, family of origin, and my family today. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

tatum said...

your fireplace looks great!!!!! =) hope things are going "merry" over there.

Unknown said...

I agree! On all of them, but the newborn baby is in a league of its own. Don't you miss those days? Well, when you guys have another, I'll be over to stare at it!