Friday, March 28, 2008

Baby shower invites

My good friend Nikki is having a little girl this June. She has two boys already and so I INSISTED that I get to throw a shower for her. I decided that I would make the invitations so I looked around for a little inspiration. This is what I found:


So yesterday I went to 2 scrapbook stores and over to Michael's (with 3 boys in tow). I worked on the stupid thing all day and (by the way) the circle punch I bought was faulty so I had to hand cut each invite. Here was the final product:
It's only about 500 times cuter then the one that I saw! (Okay...enough bragging) I guess I was just impressed that it turned out so cute. Especially for a girl who fell off the scrapbook bandwagon a good year ago.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

:) Those are dang cute-and if it makes you feel any better, I fell off the scrapbook wagon about...um it's too embarrassing to say!

The Reading Armadillo said...

I think you are so creative. I too have fallen off the wagon. Neither of my kids has a single scrapbook page. Remember our Scrapbooking nights in Spokane? I miss those. That's the only time I would even try to be creative.

jayna said...

WOWSER! That is adorable!

Robby said...

Very cute and even better is the countdown to the Girls Trip to Saint George. Yeah!

Joe and Amy said...

I'm with you Angie, after having my third I quit completely, and I miss those nights.

Staci, way to go, very cute! I have always been impressed with your creativity. You give everything your all, I think I remember you telling me that your mom was the same way. Since being called to nursery I am trying to think about all the cute things you did when you were doing nursery in Spokane. I just remember everything was out of this world.

Jami said...

those are sooo cute. give yourself a huge pat on the back.

Reno 411 said...

Those have got to be the cutest invitations ever! I LOVE THEM. I also agree, yours turned out 500times cuter and you toatlly can brag. Your friend should be so grateful to have a friend as talented as you.

Allison said...

Those invites are awesome! And don't feel bad--I never even made it onto the scrapbooking wagon.