Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Day!


What a relief! Our prayers have been answered. We found out Dallin was selected to attend a math and science magnet school today! I am so thrilled because this is EXACTLY what he needs! Dallin has always LOVED to learn. The kid has know his ABC's since he was 18 months and could read by the time he was 3. Yesterday I asked him if he wanted to go play over at the park. His response was, "No thanks mom..I want to work on my math homework." He even takes his workbooks to bed with him at night. Honestly...who is this kid?

I have been so incredibly worried about him being bored to tears when he starts kindergarten next year so I am so thankful that he was able to get into this school where they can work with him a little more and where the class sizes are smaller. It is a year round school which I am surprisingly excited about as well. He will start school at the end of July and then he gets 3 weeks off in September, January, and 4 weeks off in May. This will be awesome for traveling and because Dallin loves school so much he will only have a few weeks off and then he's back to work instead of the full 3 month summer break. What GREAT news!!

8 comments:

Logan and Kelsey said...

That is awesome! He amazes me. I picked up some books a long time ago that he might like. I need to stop being a slacker and send them. Logan and I do have a question about visiting, but I will call you tomorrow or something.

jayna said...

This is such great news- he sounds pretty scholastic!! I'm sure he'll LOVE it. I'm so glad such opportunities even exist!

Allison said...

That sounds like the perfect program for him!! I like the year round idea too.

Sarah M said...

That is fantastic that he is going to be where he can be pushed!! I loved year round school when I was in it, so I hope you do too.

Jami said...

stac, i am so excited for dall!!! i wish they could go to school together though, 2 yrs is a long time to now be seperated. spencer will have to adjust to not having dallin on tues and thurs. his weeks are based on what days he goes to school with dallin. he may suffer from this for a bit and i will just forward the psych bill on to you....

The Reading Armadillo said...

Congratulations. I think it sounds like a great program. I wish more schools would be like that, it's better for the kids. Dallin is so sweet.

Stephanie said...

I wish our school was a year round school because really, the summer here you HAVE to stay inside from about 11 am to 5pm...so why not be in school?! I'm glad that the program will keep him at his level, that's so important!

Reno 411 said...

Congrats! That is awesome. He will do so well.