Thursday, March 27, 2008

Like Father....like son


One of my all time favorite stories from when Nate was little was when his mom caught him coloring all over the kitchen counter with a permanent marker. When she came in and saw the disaster she didn't know whether to cry or choke the kid. She asked him, "Nathan....why did you do that?" His response was, "Jesus made me do it."
So last night I got home from mutual and it was about 8:30pm. Our kids are usually in bed by 7:00 so I was surprised to see Parker still up. I said, "Hey Parks....you need to go to bed right now." His response, "Jesus said I didn't have to...he said I could stay up for 10 more minutes."
Like father like son I guess!

5 comments:

The Pitcher Family said...

Love it love it! Pay backs suck too bad it is Nates fault!

Logan and Kelsey said...

That is hilarious. I can't believe he said that! He cracks me up.

Jami said...

you kids are so prone to funny things. i know how funny you are and apprently nate has a pretty funny side too :)

Reno 411 said...

That is hilarious. He is going to be a pistol when he is older.

tatum said...

oh my gosh, that is hilarious! good picture to go with it too.