Friday, October 10, 2014

A little tender mercy

Haven't had a heart to heart with the old blog in quite awhile. Most posts lately have been a catch up spewing of what is going on in life. Honestly there just aren't enough hours in the day anymore. I recall a time where all throughout a day I would look for little stories or things to share on my blog. I'd be happy to record that one little thing and would always find the time to do it. I guess it was more of a priority and was always at the forefront of my mind. I've said it before but lately every day just feels like I'm swimming up the current and trying to check the things off the everlasting checklist. Between my calling, cleaning, cooking, yard work, the boys after school sports, piano, scouts, keeping 2 babies alive, trying to be a good wife and mom, there is very little "Staci" time anymore. I'm not complaining....its just the stage of life we're in. It's wonderful, and exhausting in the same breath.

Sometimes I feel that as I go through the motions of life that I am unnoticed. I am giving and giving at 100% all day long and sometimes the day passes by without a thanks, without acknowledgement. I don't do these things that I do for praise or attention.....I do them because I know that it is through these small and simple tasks that we will learn to become more like our Heavenly Father. When we serve those around us we are serving God. I'm not going to lie, there are times where I demand some appreciation from my family members. I will tell Nate that I need some verbal praise or I may just explode. Gratitude is important to me. I try to give it as often as possible but sometimes I need a little bit to keep my batteries charged.

This morning was a really good morning though. I woke up at 4:45am to take my Young Women to do baptisms for the dead at the temple. As I was hurrying to get out the door I noticed that I had received a message from a good friend of mine at approximately 12;30am a few hours previous. My eyes filled with tears as I read the words:


I am messaging you on FB because it's midnight and I didn't think you would appreciate a text right in the middle of your Hugh Jackman love dream! I am mad because I can't sleep because I just realized I never got you anything for your birthday and we never went out to celebrate!!! I am a bad friend!! So, this gift will have to do for now, until I can get you something. I think you are the best mom ever!! You are so fun with your kids! You always make sure they have fun and learning experiences. I see you work hard to teach them to work hard. You love your family and it shows!! You truly care about others and you are always looking for ways to serve them! I know I can count on you to make me laugh or help me anytime. I appreciate the love you have for my family! I was so grateful for the candy poster you made for K when he graduated. He is often over looked by his family and they didn't even recognize him for his hard work. But you did! You went out of your way to make him feel special! Thank you for always including me in your adventures! I am so grateful for your friendship! You inspire me to be a better mother, wife and friend! I think about you daily, and I am always here if you ever need me for anything!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with Nate! You deserve it! I sure love you Staci! Now you can go back to your sexy dreams..... Tell Hugh hello for me!




And there it was. A little tender mercy....the little boost I needed. I don't know why my friend decided that right then she was going to text me but oh, how I needed it. A great reminder that I need to do that for others when I feel prompted to. Especially to the women and mothers around me who serve so thanklessly. It is HARD doing this job but there is nothing else on earth I would rather do....even when a bad day comes a long more frequently then I would like.

Just a few thoughts today.

No comments: