Thursday, March 13, 2014
Loving where I live
I seriously never thought in a million years I would say this. I love love love living here. Once I finally got over the crazy wind and the colder winters its easy to see the beauty all around. (Although, I will say that this winter hasn't been bad at all)
I love that there aren't a ba-gillion people that live on this side of the state. I love the clean air and the inversion free winters. I love that I see people I know everywhere I go. I love that my friends are so down to earth, not high maintenance and are 100% ok with answering the door in no makeup, in their pjs, with a messy house in the background. I love that our ward is a great mix of people....surgeons, doctors, dentists, business owners, teachers, coaches, contractors, and more. I love how I drive through my neighborhood and each and every person who is either outside or in their car waves to me. Even if I don't know who the person is!
I love that my kids go to a great school so close by with teachers who have done wonderful things to help push them and challenge them in the few short months we've lived here. I love that my kids have adapted so well to the new school, the new ward, and have friends in the new neighborhood. I love that we live close to some of the most beautiful places on earth and when I need a family fix I only have to drive 3-4 hours to get down to UT or over to Boise. I will admit, being little bit away from the family drama does make me happy too.
I love my new house. I love that is isn't perfect. The walls have a few small dents and the wood floors have a few scratches but we LIVE here and we can have roots here and that makes me much happier then living in a house where everything is pristine.I appreciate having my own home after those 3 long years of renting in our old house. I love that I have wide open spaces all around me and that I can see deer, elk, and jack rabbits in my backyard but at the same time I am literally 5 minutes from Target, the mall, Walmart, Kohls, Cafe Rio, and Cocoa Bean. Mmmmm...Cocoa Bean. I also love that in just a couple more weeks we'll have a bathroom in the basement and the whole house will officially be completed! It's been fun picking out the cabinets and colors and seeing it all come together. I love that it is a BIG bathroom too. Plenty of space to accommodate all of the boys and guests that come to see us!
I love that my husband is his own boss now. I love that his partners care about him. I'll always remember when I locked the babies in the car in my garage with the car running. I called Nate in tears and not 10 minutes later Nate and his 2 partners came RIPPING into my driveway....leaving their lunch in a panic just to come to my rescue. I love that work is good and is so successful. They are so busy they can hardly keep up and are in the process of building a new office to accommodate their growing firm. So lucky...and so blessed. I love that I finally feel like we'll be able to pay off all of these looming student loans and we'll be able to afford to help our kids out with missions and college one day.
I love to get away and go other places. I love visiting Utah and Boise and spending time with family but I always LOVE to come home. "I love my house, I love my nest...in all the world my nest is best!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment