Sunday, February 24, 2013

Together

I had a moment this past Saturday. I was sitting in the stands watching Parker play in his basketball game and I was eavesdropping into the conversation behind me. A couple of parents were watching their son play in the game and the mother's parents were there cheering on their grandson.

"Let's plan on dinner tonight after we get back from snow skiing." the Grandma said. If you don't want to take the baby I'd be happy to stay back and watch her." "What time is Ava's game this week? We wouldn't miss it for the world!" said the Grandpa.

I don't know why but this ordinary conversation just hit me in the gut. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought about how ALONE we are sometimes living here. My kids rarely get to show their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... all of the things they are involved in. Sure there are sometimes some very real perks to being by ourselves and relying solely on each other but it made me sad for a minute. It made me especially sad for my kids. My kids are my life. I just rave about them and sometimes I wish there was someone in the stands next to me who could rave right along with me I guess. Sometimes I long for family HELP when we're stuck in a bind with no one to watch a kid or take a kid somewhere.

I'm grateful that I have my little family though. I know that home is wherever they are at. We're together even though we're alone. ☺

Parker's basketball team finished the season winning all of their games except for one. These 2nd graders showed the 3rd and 4th grade teams whats up. They were so dedicated and are light years beyond the skill level of the majority of 2nd graders. We've had leagues call and try to get them to join THEIR leagues because they have heard about the "infamous 2nd graders." Am I on my bragging box....heck yes I am. My husband has dedicated many, MANY hours to help coach these boys. They have taught them life skills and not just basketball skills which is even more amazing. One week, all of the boys were instructed to reach out and do something nice for someone that might need it. A classmate who needed a smile or an invite to play on the playground. All of the boys came to the next practice telling everyone all of the random acts of kindness they had done that week. Melts my heart.


My Dallin scored his VERY FIRST goal this weekend in 5 years. He loves soccer and sure gives it his all. He usually plays defender or goalie but was moved up to forward this game and scored a goal on a direct kick. I was literally screaming my head off. I was so proud of my boy. I may or may not have teared up in that moment as well.

(It's got to be the breastfeeding hormones or something.)

This week I also took Dallin and Parker up to Kelly Canyon for the first time. I lugged the baby all the way up there and looked SO completely out of place with her. I sat in the lodge for hours with her trying to keep her happy. The boys completed an hour of private lessons and then skiied by themselves for about 3 hours. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack each time they rode up the chair lift alone. I just kept hoping that they wouldn't fall, or run into someone or something. I just wanted to be skiing with them or have Nate there just in case. Overprotective....yes, probably. They did just fine though and I'm happy they had a good time.


Sweet sister has been sick for the majority of the week. Just yesterday she finally started feeling better.


I took some pictures of her today just becuase she's the cutest thing ever. She grows and changes so much so quickly. I can hardly believe that she will be a whole 8 months old next week.





Even though I did have my weak moment it only takes me one second of looking at this handsome attorney of mine and know that we're tough. Together we can do hard things. Even if that means we have to do it alone. He is my rock (even though technically I'll always be his ROCK...haha) and my everything. I love him so much.
 
Also, our house is coming along. We have a foundation and should be getting started on the framing this week. I cannot WAIT until it is done. ☺
 
 



2 comments:

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

You really are an amazing person. I love to read your posts because they make me smile and laugh. I admire your attitude and desires. My attitude could use an uplift. I love how you live life to the fullest. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for being you!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.