Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break: Part 1

Wow! Happy April 1st or April Fools day! I guess this year it won't be nearly as humorous to pull my usual prank and set out a positive pregnancy test for Nate to find. Crazy that it is already April. Time flies when you're driving all over the place and spending all of your money on GAS for Spring Break!

We've been gone for a week and we had such a great time. Nate couldn't come along (as usual) since he had a big trial but the boys and I would not be stopped. We picked up EE and headed down south to find some glorious sunshine!

On the way we stopped at the crazy little petting zoo in Scipio. The boys love that place. It was FREEZING and WINDY as all get out but we still checked it out.
Once we got to St. George it was 65 degrees which felt like heaven to us. We immediately went over to Hidden Springs Park. The boys could play there all day if I would let them.

Tuesday we packed a lunch and headed for Zion's. On the way we took a short detour over to Grafton Ghost town. First we stopped at the graveyard and then we went over to what was left of the small town.



Zion's was next. We picked such a perfect day to go. 73 degrees and clear skies. We made the hike up to Weeping Rock and we did the Emerald Pools. My sciatic nerve was hurting like crazy but we made it. Luckily Landon's legs were tired too so we all agreed that we'd had enough hiking for the day.
Here's Weeping Rock First:


Emerald Pool:




More to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, fun fun fun! I have said it before... you are such a
cool mom!

marcymizukawa said...

Fun! Fun! I love Spring Break. Also, where do you find all those sweet places to visit? :) I saw that you even went to Vegas--- should have stopped in LA. :) Miss you!