Thursday, January 5, 2012

My girls.

I've got Activity Days on the brain since we had it today! I thought I'd do a little recap of some of our recent activities for my few friends out there who share the same calling. (Fully expecting you to do the SAME! ☺)

A few weeks back I hosted a little "Manners and Courtesy" tea party at my house for my girls. A tea party? These are words not EVER used in Starnes vocabulary! We had so much fun! I went to the DI and bought some cute little tea cups for .25 a cup since I didn't really want the girls using my nice china ones. We had some hot cider, croissant sandwiches, little pumpkin muffins and tea cookies.

We had the girls all wear hats and dresses which was really fun. We started by talking about basic manners and what you should/should not do when at fancy event. I love these cute girls. We have such a great time learning fun things together.



 We later played some fun games like "who can keep the book on their head the longest?" We also played a game where the girls had to draw a picture of, act out, or sculpt out of play dough, one of the manner rules we discussed earlier.

A few months back we mod podged some darling frames and put clear pictures of the Idaho Falls temple in front. The girls put their own pictures behind them to remind them to have their sights set on the temple.



And today we talked about goals. Each girl had to set 2 goals, one spiritual and one personal goal for the year. Each girl had to fill out a worksheet and write how she would achieve her goal, what things might get in the way of her getting there, and the steps that she should take to accomplish it.

Even if this baby isn't a little girl...I am SO happy that I get my girl fix every month. They are SO different than my boys and I have LOVED getting to know each of them and their little personalities.

1 comment:

Joe and Amy said...

Thank you! This is such a big help! Did you make your goal sheets? If so, is there a chance you could share via email?

Loved your tea party!