Monday, January 23, 2012

Cookies, parties, getting fat and playing hooky.

First things first, the MOST important bit of information as if late.....I have found the perfect chocolate chip recipe! I'm ALWAYS trying new chocolate chip recipes in search of the very best of the best. This last one was pretty darn good. I'm keeping this one on file for sure.

Here is the link:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-big-fat-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie/

And here are the cookies! YUM!

And speaking of eating cookies........I'm getting fatter!!! 16 weeks! Yippee!
And speaking of getting fatter, I had a boy at the dollar store come up to me and say, "Hey, you're fat!"
Yeah, that made me feel awesome. Little sh*%.

And in other news, I hosted a very last minute 30th birthday party today for my sweet friend Tawnya. When I heard she didn't really have any plans for the big 3-0 I jumped into action. A few friends, a fun game and a delicious lunch later, I think she felt celebrated and very loved. I adore any excuse for a party, even if we only have a few hours to pull it off! I forgot to take pictures during the actual party, but here is the aftermath.


I am SO looking forward to playing with my family for a couple of days in Jackson Hole. Nate has to work up there for the next few days and I insisted that the boys and I come along. They are only little once and even if they miss a few of days of school it will be great to get some quality family time in. I can't wait to take the boys sledding and swimming. We're staying in this really cute family cabin. It really is a beautiful place to visit. We're lucky to live so close.


Yeah, we're awesome parents like that who encourage their kids to play hooky. Shhh....don't tell on us. ☺

5 comments:

Colbyfam said...

Friend...not fat...PREGO!! you are totally glowing and look amazing!! Can't wait to hear if it is pink or blue...

Jami said...

you look so beautiful Stac!!!!

Natalie said...

Look great! Wish I could see the tummy in person. I can't wait for the 1st!

Starnes fam said...

Thanks guys....you're so sweet.

Unknown said...

Love that dress! You look great & yes, perfect word for the little boy at the $ store ;) Why is it all they crazy things get said when you are prego?