Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rigby Lake

Each time we drive up to Rexburg we pass through the small city of Rigby. There really isn't much there but we always see a good sized lake right off the highway with tons of people hanging out along the beach so I decided TODAY was the day we would check it out for ourselves. We packed a picnic lunch, umbrella, sand toys and our little raft and headed north.

What a wonderful day we had. We set up all of our things and the boys headed straight for the sand! It reminded me of days spent on the beach in CA. Not QUITE as much fun but it is as good as it gets over here I guess! ☺

 There was also a dock with a slide on it not to far from the beach. Parks (of course) was the only one who was brave enough to give it a try. Dal made it up the steps but had a change of heart at the top.
 Then the boys came running over to me saying "The Shuldburgs are here!!" Holly is a good friend of mine in the ward. She is my visiting teaching partner, fellow preschool mom, Zumba friend and she has 3 boys as well! We packed our stuff and moved right on over so our boys could play together.





 5 hours later we came home to a delicious crock pot dinner....gotta love the ready to go dinner after being gone and in the sun the entire day!
Couldn't resist a little crack shot.

Rigby Lake......a new favorite. ☺

4 comments:

Em and Tom said...

You need to take us there next summer! Looks like the perfect little hot spot:)

The Jones' said...

Whoa whoa whoa. You forgot to mention that Rigby is awesome because it's the birthplace of your favorite bro-in-law Logan! :) From the pictures, it looks like Rigby Lake has really stepped it up!! Glad you had fun!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

So glad we ran into you there. We also had fun. I would love the pictures you took since I didn't have my camera.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

So glad we ran into you there. We also had fun. I would love the pictures you took since I didn't have my camera.